XVI

The receptionist of the place looked amazed at the last guest of the program. His facial paint, which was partly drained by his past persecution, worried a little bit to people behind the scenes. The woman led Arthur to his dressing room, and he asked for more paint to touch up his make-up. She did not answer, just nodded and closed the door for the guest to prepare.

She walked through the halls, had complied with the whim of the guest, and while meditating on the aspect in which he had arrived she ran into the producer of the program and the host himself.

"Mr. Franklin, Mr. Philips. The comedian arrived and ..."

"Excellent!" Exclaimed Murray, the receptionist tried to speak but he interrupted her. "I still don't understand how people want to see him, but hey, they rule, right?" The producer smiling and the receptionist interrupted them. "Gentlemen, there is something you need know about this guest."

"What's going on?"

"It's painted like a clown." The two men looked confused. "I think he has something to do with those protests."

With an arched eyebrow, Murray looked at his producer and, with a frown, he turned his eyes to his host.

"Let's go see him," he said, and sipped the coffee he has in his hand.

♣♦♥♠

Arthur took one of the lipsticks that was included in his make-up and looked in the mirror. He did the touch up on his face, he looked perfect. And while a host of tortuous thoughts passed through his head, he removed the lid, lifted the lipstick and wrote in the mirror: "Put on a happy face." Remembering that he should do it, he should put on his best smile and showing a pleasant happiness, as always do.

Concluded his motivation, Arthur took a seat and smoked quietly, as if ending the sexual act was. He saw a stalemate in the room when the door swung open. He rose and look marveled at his idol, Murray Franklin

"Hello, welcome," he said as he examined him from head to toe. "Murray, hello," he replied nervously. "Man, its Mr. Franklin for you," said the producer. "Nothing is wrong, Phillips."

"Thank you, Murray. I am a big fan of your show."

"Glad to know it ... Oh, Excuse me? Your appearance ... Does it have something to do with the protests?"

"Oh no, no!" He exclaimed. "Not at all! I am apolitical."

"We're glad to hear it. Well, there are rules for the program." Arthur nodded. "One, nothing of offensive jokes, black humor and so on; we are a family program."

"Of course."

"And two, have fun."

"I like that last one."

"Already know it, now, you'll be after Dr. Cally."

"Oh, I love Dr. Cally!"

"That's good," he said strangely. "Then we'll see you at the show."

"Sure ... Oh, Murray!" He called once he turned around. They stopped and watched him. "Can I ask you a small favor?"

"Sure..."

"When you bring me out can you introduce me as joker?" They both frowned and looked skeptical. "You called me like that the first time."

"I did it?" Arthur nodded. "I don't remember ... But well, it will be ... See you in a while."

And both left the dressing room. Arthur vanished his smile as soon as he closed the door, took a seat again and pulled his revolver out of his pants. He leaned his head and watched the luminous ceiling. He was ready. Practical how he would make his biggest show as he smiled. This would be a night that no one would ever forget, just as he had told Grace.