𝑰𝑰

𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒘 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅, 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑨𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆. The sun's warm rays danced across her skin, kissing her face gently. Flecks of surf flew into the air around her as the speedboat motored across the crystalline harbour. Already she could not believe how beautiful Australia was, with its azure skies and shimmering waters; the weather was perfect, a far cry from the rainy England she had left behind at the airport.

Stretched out like a cat in the back of the speedboat, Lana opened her eyes again as they joined a small fleet of similar boats. A few moments ago, they had passed a large party boat with five of her new campmates on board. Though they had only waved at each other, and meeting properly was yet to come, Lana already felt reassured at the sight of their smiling faces.

One by one, the speedboats ahead of her veered off to the left. She watched curiously across the water as the first speedboat banked at what looked like a small strip of sandy beach, and its occupant got out. Then came the next, its passenger running out to hug the first. And one by one, the celebrities all disembarked at the beach, until Lana and one other unknown person were left.

She felt a sense of apprehension as she clambered gracefully out of the boat, her feet touching down on a short walkway connected to the beach. She strode across it, pretending to look confident, and the people on the beach began to get clearer as she approached them. Traversing the silky sand, strewn with driftwood and other natural debris, she eventually reached the small group of celebrities.

First there was a smaller man with brown hair and mischievous eyes. He pulled her into a hug she wasn't expecting, but, supposing this was how the others had all greeted each other, accepted. "Hi, I'm Andrew Maxwell," he smiled at her, with a cheeky Irish accent.

"Lana Clarke," she smiled, and then moved onto the girl standing to her right. She was a pretty girl with long brown hair and a warm smile.

"Jacqueline Jossa," the girl said, giving Lana a friendly embrace. "You look lovely!"

"Thank you," Lana beamed at her appreciatively. "You too! I'm Lana Clarke."

And last but certainly not least was the most interesting of all. A boy with sandy hair and dazzling blue eyes flashed a winning smile as Lana greeted him.

"Roman," he said, pulling her into a friendly hug. "Roman Kemp."

Lana did not know much about Roman himself, but his family were pop star royalty. Shirlie Kemp had been a Wham! girl, and of course, Gary and Martin were from the infamous Spandau Ballet. She felt a little intimidated by this, but Roman wore an easy smile and she relaxed.

"I'm Lana," she said, untangling her arms from his shoulders. "Lana Clarke. I'm a singer."

"Perfect!" Roman responded with a grin. "I'm a DJ! We ought to get along well. And if this is our team," he indicated the others, "I think we're probably gonna win whatever challenge they throw at us."

"Aren't you scared?" asked Lana. "Personally, I'm super nervous."

"Oh, I'm terrified," laughed Roman. "But I also can't wait. What a day this has been already, right?"

The two had been so engrossed in conversation that they had not even noticed the new addition to their party; none other than Caitlyn Jenner, who was crossing the sand looking incredibly glamorous even in a plain blue blouse.

"Hi there!" Caitlyn greeted, extending her hand to each of them in turn. "Nice to meet you all, I'm Caitlyn."

"This is pretty surreal," Roman exclaimed, and everybody voiced their agreement.