𝑰𝑿

"𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏?" 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝑱𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔, 𝒂𝒔 𝑹𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒑.

"Went swimming," Roman answered unblushingly, rubbing his hair roughly with his towel as he wandered over to his bed. Without hairdryers, the campmates had to let their hair dry naturally; already Roman's was turning back to its usual fluffy state, but Lana's long brown hair dripped down her back in wet, snakelike tendrils.

"We're playing would you rather, do you wanna join?" asked Kate, indicating the small circle where she sat with Jacqueline, Nadine, Caitlyn, and James.

"Yeah, I'll play," Lana said, hopping down onto one of the logs next to Nadine. "Ro?" she called, glancing over at him as he threw his shirt back over his head. "Wanna join or nah?"

"Alright," he shrugged, strolling over to sit on a tree stump. "Why not? Nothing better to do."

"Whose turn is it?" asked Kate. "Oh, that's right - Nadine. You get to ask the question."

"Hmm..." said Nadine, looking around the circle. "James," she decided. "Would you rather... own your own boat or your own plane?"

"Well," said James, a wry grin on his face, "I think I'd just spend all my time with Caitlyn, 'cos she's got both!"

"Sure, we can do that," laughed Caitlyn. "I could give you a boat if you wanted, James."

"Now, Jim, it's your turn to pick someone."

"Uh... Jackie. Would you rather... spend the rest of your life tied to Mylo, or to Ian?"

Jacqueline laughed, her cheeks turning pink. "I'd pick Mylo, because... because he's a really good cook," she finished, looking slightly embarrassed. "Yeah. Ian's hopeless at cooking, so I'd take Myles, he could make really nice food for me."

"Alright, pick someone else."

"Lana," Jacqueline said immediately, a mischievous grin dancing across her lips. Lana knew immediately that whatever question Jackie asked, it would have something to do with Roman. Sure enough, "would you rather marry James, or marry Roman?"

Lana's heart pounded as she wondered how to get out of this question, without it seeming too obvious that she didn't want to answer. "I would marry..." she cast around wildly for something to say, something that would get her out of the question. "Nadine!" she grinned a few seconds later, grabbing the blonde woman next to her in a jokey hug.

Everybody laughed, and Lana thanked her lucky stars she'd been able to dodge answering properly. "Oh, Lana, I'd marry you any day," Nadine laughed, hugging her back. Lana could feel Roman's piercing eyes watching her intently, but forced herself not to meet his gaze.

The next day, Ant and Dec informed them that there would not be a Bushtucker Trial that day, as two new arrivals would be attempting to win stars for them. That meant a whole day to relax, with nothing to do.

Breakfast did not have the same tense atmosphere as it usually did as a result. In fact, everybody was pretty quiet. Lana was eating next to Roman, cuddled up on a log with him. She had woken up cold for the first time, and he had lent her his navy blue jacket to wear. She felt cosier wearing it than wearing her own - probably because this one smelled like Roman, a scent that was familiar and comforting to her.

"Just look at them," said Jacqueline, pointing towards Lana and Roman. Her gaze darted imperceptibly over to Myles, who was mid conversation with James.