𝑿𝑽𝑰

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑨𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒆𝒄 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈. They were immaculately dressed as always, and Lana could not help but laugh when everyone "ooh"ed and "aah"ed at the two presenters. Looking chuffed, Ant teased, "stop it, you lot. Okay, good morning everyone."

There was a vague chorus of "good morning" from the celebrities, and Ant continued. "Now, currently six of you are cursed, the six over this side. But that could be about to change, with another day of reckonings. Yesterday was just about food - but today it's also about immunity from the first public vote off."

Everybody exchanged nervous looks at this news. Lana half wished there wasn't a vote off; everyone in camp gelled together so well she wished they could all stay.

"For those who are currently cursed, there will be a chance to free yourself," Dec explained. "While those who are currently free, you will be fighting to stay that way. We will see you all a little bit later."

"Up the toon," Caitlyn said, and the two Geordie presenters burst out with laughter.

"You've made my day!" Dec laughed as he and Ant turned to walk back out of camp.

"We guessed it, though. We did say," murmured James, once the laughter had died down.

"We're all against each other," Jacqueline said with a nervous smile.

"Like snakes in a barrel," joked Andrew, and everyone chuckled nervously, unsure of how to feel about this news. Lana found Roman's hand and squeezed it for reassurance, trying to make sense of her emotions. Part of her was scared, part of her excited - who knew what would happen?

"If I go tomorrow," Ian said, "I would be happy with the time I've been in here."

There was a murmur of agreement from the celebrities. Lana could tell from their faces how they felt about this situation; Jacqueline looked shaken, while James' face was set in a grim determination.

"Me too," Lana agreed. "But at the same time, I'd also like to stay in for a little while longer."

"For sure," James nodded. "This is when shit gets real."

"It all depends on how much you want to be immune," Andy shrugged, looking relatively calm.

People began to prepare for the trial, getting up and tidying up their beds or doing the washing up. Lana sat down on the floor with James while Roman sat on Andrew's inflatable chair.

"Bit nervous about this," Roman admitted, grinning tensely.

"Really?" asked a surprised James. "In what way?"

"Want immunity," the DJ shrugged nonchalantly.

"Yeah, no doubt. Guess you'll just have to wait and see."

"How are you feeling?" Roman murmured to Lana as they walked to the Bushtucker Trial clearing.

"A little nervous. But mostly pretty determined," Lana answered truthfully. "How about you?"

"Scared," Roman replied. "Not of the trial, but of the outcome. I really want immunity and I want it for you, too."

"Yeah, me too," Lana agreed as they stepped through the last of the trees before the clearing. "Well, whatever happens, happens. Let's just try our best."