𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰

𝑫𝒂𝒚 14 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒖𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅. Today the public had not been voting for the Bushtucker Trial, so it was up to the celebrities to choose who faced it.

"Celebrities," Ian read out from the day's laminate, "today's trial is called 'Under Critter Construction'. It is up to you to decide which two campmates take part. One by one, each celebrity should say if they want to do the trial and why. Once everybody has spoken you must make the decision through group discussion and democratic voting."

"Do we have to all go around and say why we wanna do it?"

"Well, that's what it says here."

"Why don't we just put it in a hat?" suggested Andy as everybody looked around uncertainly. "That's the best way to do it."

"Ladies and gentlemen, friends, countrymen, boys and girls," reeled off Cliff, standing up, "I would like to do this trial. Because anything to do with construction I'm really good at."

"We can draw it out of the hat though, still, can't we?" asked James.

"Well, Cliff wants to do it," Kate replied warily.

"Look, we've all figured out Cliff's doing it," James said firmly. Lana tensed up, looking at Kate cautiously - James had the authoritative tone in his voice that usually caused arguments. "But the fairest way - so everybody gets a fair share, it's not really about Cliff or showcasing yourself or whatever - is for us to do that."

"Well I'm quite happy to be in all week and do a trial," Cliff said simply, sitting back down.

"Yeah, but Cliff, we'd all do that," James cut across him. "That's the point! It's just for us to make sure that everybody gets a fair shot to have fun to do it."

"So- so Cliff is definitely going, and we're drawing to go with you," Kate clarified.

"Nadine?" asked Andy, offering the sack they used to pull bottles from.

"I'm not putting myself forward," the blonde said. "There are people better equipped, I'm sure."

"Lana?" asked Andy, moving on to the brunette.

Lana looked at the bag and thought for a second. It wasn't something she particularly had any interest in doing, but if her name was chosen, she'd happily complete the trial. "Yeah, alright," she decided, placing her bottle inside the bag.

"Building isn't really my forte," Jacqueline said.

"Well, I don't think you need a PhD in construction to be able to do it," snapped James. "You know, if it said, 'Spider Highway', you don't need to know about cars to do it."

"Do you not wanna be in, Jac?" Andy asked her gently.

Jacqueline shook her head. "Nah, I just can't be bothered with the drama."

Andy continued to collect the water bottles, but Jacqueline seemed stung by James' attitude. "It says on the card everyone should vote for who we think's gonna be best equipped to do it," she pointed out.

"If you don't wanna do it, you don't have to do it," Ian clarified. "Don't put your thing in."

Jacqueline raised her eyebrows indignantly. Ian sat down next to James, muttering, "I tell you, we're starting to kind of get the pattern of certain people now that we're getting down to this. We'll see how the friendship stands up now as a team."

"We'll stand together, won't we?" Kate asked, sounding a little sad.

"Yeah," Ian said. "Hopefully, yeah."