𝑿𝑰𝑰

𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒑 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒘𝒔. After a delicious dinner of eel, Kate and Andy had walked back into camp bearing news of two different challenges that were to be done the next day.

"Tomorrow you will all have the opportunity to win home comforts," Kate read. "Andy, Kate, Myles and Nadine, we are travelling into the Australian bush on a mission to win 12 care packages. The rest of you will take part in a live trial-"

"Nah, you're joking me," exclaimed Jacqueline, putting her head in her hands. There were murmurs of discontent that ran around camp, and Lana shot Roman a worried look.

"-Where you will have the opportunity to win up to 12 stars. Only those celebrities with a star next to their name at the end of the live trial will be allowed to visit the jungle dining room, where they will be served a roast dinner."

There was a sudden attentiveness from everyone at the sudden prospect of a roast dinner. Lana could practically see Ian's mouth watering.

"So, it's up to us to decide the order in which the stars are allocated."

The celebrities set about discussing who should go where on the board they'd been given, with a slot for each name.

"I think Lana should be first," said James.

Lana shot him a confused look. She did not want to be first and wondered why James felt that she needed to be. She was hardly the most concerned about food - if anyone, that was Ian.

"Why?" she asked flatly.

"Well, you know," said James, matter-of-fact as always. "It's just courtesy to let the ladies go first. Put the girls in the top five spaces, right? It's polite."

"But-"

Lana watched unhappily as her name was put into the top slot, followed by Jacqueline, Nadine, and Caitlyn. But there was an outbreak of angry murmuring as Andy attempted to put James' name in the fifth slot.

"Listen, I'm an adult, I'll choose when- look, let the girls go first," James called loudly.

"Well I'm an adult!" argued Kate.

"Oh, and I'm not an adult, am I?" Lana asked at the same time.

"Just let the girls go first," said James, and the air was filled with lots of different opinions and arguments and suggestions that all merged into a hum like an angry wasp.

"Kate, this is how you ended up in the other camp!"

"I don't want to be that high up, though," said Kate, and Lana felt a swell of pride for Kate for standing up for herself.

James opened his mouth to speak, but Lana cut him off. "James, we're trying to put you up higher because you need more calories than all of us. You're trying to put me up because it's 'polite'. Polite or not, it's not what I want."

James shook his head firmly. "Lana, we just want to put the girls up first, okay? I can choose where I go, and I'm not going at the top." He nodded to an unsure Andy, who was hovering by the board with Lana's name in his hand.

"Just let the girls go first," Lana heard Roman say, but her anger was aimed at James.

"Why should I let you choose for me?" she asked, bristling slightly. "You won't let anyone choose for you, but I suppose because I'm a girl, all you lads can decide what to do with me. Am I wrong?" she added, looking around at Ian, Roman, and James, who had all fallen silent and looked slightly taken aback.