𝑰𝑰𝑰

𝑵𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒚𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒐𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒂 𝒔𝒌𝒚𝒅𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑱𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑨𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 '𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝑫𝒐𝒐𝒎'. Though Lana was not a particularly athletic person, she was slim, strong and determined. As she dragged the heavy oars through the dark, algae laced water, the only thought in her mind was that she must get to the pontoon before James did. She did not trouble herself with the fact that he was a rugby champion, and she a singer; all that mattered right now was giving it her all.

She had been unprepared for the fear she'd experience when sticking her hand into a box of unknown creepy crawlies, letting out an involuntary scream as her hand grazed across a large spider. Her hands were aching as she scrabbled to retrieve the small circular discs hidden within the box, and the stinging pain from the green ants biting her flesh was relentless. But suddenly she remembered a voice that said "you two will smash it," and a fierce determination ignited in her mind. Lana did not understand where this sudden inspiration had come from, but the fear of the spiders melted away and she found herself able to slip the discs out easily. Before she knew it, she and Nadine had completed the trial and the two girls hugged with a kind of exhausted pride.

A short canoe ride later, all the pairs were back together wearing shirts of their assigned team colours. Nadine and Lana were the last to get there, stumbling tiredly now that their adrenaline had subsided. Caitlyn received them with a hug and the cheering quietened as Ant and Dec addressed them all.

"Lana and Nadine, Caitlyn and James, congratulations on completing the Pontoon of Doom. Well done. One pair will be joining Myles and Roman in becoming the next Power Pair."

"Caitlyn and James," Dec began, "you retrieved your tokens in 8 minutes and 28 seconds."

"Is that fast?" asked a bemused Caitlyn, to which James shook his head with a frustrated "no."

"You're just about to find out," replied Dec, and Lana's heart began to pound, the other celebrities' laughter ringing in her ears. She readied herself for disappointment, putting an unconcerned expression on her face despite the nerves in her stomach.

"Lana and Nadine retrieved their tokens in... 3 minutes 21 seconds!"

Applause and cheers broke out from the other campmates. Nadine grabbed Lana in a crushing hug and they jumped for joy. A surge of happiness swept over Lana and she looked over Nadine's shoulder to see Roman, who winked at her with a knowing grin.

"So that means Nadine and Lana, you join Myles and Roman and become the next Power Pair. Congratulations." Lana gave Caitlyn a hug, nodding apologetically at James, who just smiled back with humility. But Lana could not help but feel overjoyed that she and Nadine would be reunited with Roman and Myles in Main Camp. Their hard work had paid off.

As a reward for winning their challenges, the two Power Pairs were to be flown into the jungle by helicopter. Lana felt a thrill of adrenaline as they sped over luscious green foliage of the jungle below, but Nadine did not seem as happy, complaining "I just skydived out of one of these, I never want to see a helicopter again!"

Eventually the four celebrities disembarked the helicopter and were told to follow the path through the jungle that would eventually lead them to their camp. They stumbled blindly through the dense greenery, with only the twig-strewn path to lead them. But when they saw lights through the gaps in the trees, they knew they had found their destination.