𝑿

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒘𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒚 𝑪𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒚𝒏, 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒖𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒇, "𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒂𝒚 - 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒍!" 𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒔𝒆.

Ant and Dec came down into camp a few hours later. As they announced that the public had been voting for the next Bushtucker Trial, Lana felt the usual glimmer of fear, but she was much more relaxed than normal. After she and Roman had done their eating trial, she felt more confident in herself and her abilities. Of course, she would rather not have done the trial, but if she was picked, it wasn't the end of the world.

Another thing contributing to her state of calm happiness was Roman. She had been on cloud nine ever since he'd kissed her yesterday, and nothing could have ruined her mood. The other campmates had noticed, remarking on her sudden onset of boundless enthusiasm; though they were oblivious to the reason why. She and Roman, walking back to camp with silly grins on both of their faces, had decided not to tell the others - for now, at least. It was just easier, since neither she nor he really knew what they were doing. This way they could figure it out in their own time.

Dec revealed that the celebrity facing "Snake Hotel" would be Jacqueline. Lana felt a pang of sympathy as Jackie put her head in her hands shakily. "Oh no," she cried, as everybody swarmed around her with hugs and words of support.

"You've got this. This is light work," said Myles, hugging Jacqueline to him. Lana watched the way she leaned into him for comfort, thinking how cute the two would be as a couple. Then she suddenly remembered Jacqueline was married and felt bad. She wondered if this was how the others saw her and Roman.

"I wanna do it with somebody else though," Jacqueline laughed nervously.

"Honestly, Jac, you are in such a great position," Ian said kindly. "Just do this one the best you can. Be yourself and just go in and do what you're doing. Don't worry about it."

They were just finishing their breakfast, trying their best to lift Jacqueline's spirits, when Myles suddenly appeared clutching a laminated note.

"Jacqueline, the public have voted for you to take part in today's trial," he read. "However, it is a two-player trial. You must now choose someone from Main Camp to take part with you."

Jacqueline hesitated for a second, then made up her mind. "I'll take Mylo."

"Yes!" exclaimed Myles. "We've got this, beautiful."

The two departed Camp a few minutes later, a chorus of encouraging cheers in their wake. Lana felt more relaxed knowing Jac had Myles with her, as he would look after her.

Camp felt even more empty with the absence of Jacqueline and Myles. In fact, there were only six of them currently in Crock Creek; Lana, Nadine, Caitlyn, Roman, Ian, and James. Lana wondered how Kate and Andrew were doing in the Jailhouse. They were probably starving, and exhausted, too, after sleeping on the floor all night.

The day stretched ahead, with nothing to do and nowhere to go. James was off having a shower and the others lounged about quietly in the sunshine. Subconsciously, Lana began to sing softly to herself; one of the things she missed most about home was writing and listening to music.

"That's a lovely voice you've got, Lana," said Nadine.

Lana blushed scarlet; she hadn't realised any of the others were listening. It also hit her that a former member of Girls Aloud had just complimented her singing. "Wow," she gasped, laughing. "Thanks so much, Nadine!"