𝑿𝑿𝑰

𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒘𝒐𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉. Last night, Roman had asked if she wanted to sleep in his bed, but she'd gently declined, with a "maybe another night". Despite her admitting that she loved him, she didn't want Roman to think there would be no consequences to what he did. She forgave him, but he needed to see that she wouldn't just pretend nothing had happened.

When Ant and Dec arrived in camp for the usual routine of elimination, Lana genuinely had no idea who would leave. She hoped it wouldn't be her or Roman, but she didn't feel the same anxiety she'd felt before - now that he had told her he loved her, she knew he was serious about the two of them, and being separated for a couple of days wouldn't change that.

"Good morning everybody," Dec greeted them all. "The public have been voting for the celebrities they want to keep in camp. So, in no particular order..."

"Caitlyn, it's not you."

"Roman, it's not you."

"Jacqueline... it's not you."

"Andy - it's not you."

"Kate, it's not you."

"Ian! It might be you," said Ant. Ian just nodded silently, accepting that it might be his turn to leave.

"Myles, it's not you."

"Nadine, it's not you."

"Lana... it's not you."

"So that means... James. It might be you." James simply nodded, grinning cheekily at the two presenters.

"It's between Ian and James. The next person to leave I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2019 is... James."

There was a second of silent shock. The nine other celebs looked at each other in surprise as Dec continued, "James, say your goodbyes, we'll see you across the bridge in a couple of minutes."

The campmates staggered quietly to their feet, each waiting to give James a hug. The atmosphere in camp had suddenly become very heavy and serious; nobody had expected that James would be the person leaving today.

"Well done, James," Kate said sadly as she hugged him goodbye.

"Cheers, Caitlyn," the sportsman said, hugging Caitlyn. He seemed to be hugging everybody very briskly, not wanting to linger. Lana thought he probably just didn't want to get upset; already Ian was sitting with his head in his hands, and Jacqueline had tears in her eyes.

"I'll catch up with you guys soon," he promised, wrapping his large arms around Lana's slim frame. "Cheers, Lana. Stay happy, alright?"

"Will do," she laughed, disentangling her arms from his broad shoulders and watching sadly as he hugged a tearful Jacqueline.

"You're gonna make me cry, now!" he chuckled. "I'll see you all later."

They watched solemnly as James made his way across the bridge where Cliff had walked only a day ago. "Let's block him on Whatsapp now!" Roman called jokingly, trying to lighten the mood. Everyone laughed, but Lana could tell they were all still in shock.

"That's really shit," Ian murmured as they all traipsed back down to camp. Lana felt melancholic, too; though James had certainly had his snappy moments, he had also supported everyone and had really held the camp together. She felt for Ian, who had practically lost his best friend in camp. He looked miserable, and she knew she would feel exactly the same, worse even, if that was her and Roman.