𝑿𝑽

"𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒕, 𝒘𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘𝒔," 𝑨𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈. He looked down at his cue cards and Lana wondered what on earth could possibly be happening now.

"A curse has descended on camp," he declared. The twelve campmates shared glances of silent confusion as he continued. "You are all now cursed. Over the next two days, there will be a series of challenges known as reckonings."

"Today's reckonings will give each of you the chance to free yourself from the curse, and win food."

"Now, the public have been voting for who they want to take on the first of those reckonings, the Sinister Circus."

"Roman," Dec began, and Lana turned to look at Roman, who flashed an uneasy smile.

"Jacqueline," Dec continued. "Nadine, and Ian. It's the four of you."

Ian giggled slightly as Ant said, "the rest of you will face your own reckonings later today. Have a great day everybody!"

"I'm happy to be with you guys," Jacqueline said, giving Roman a high-five as Ant and Dec left the camp. Everybody broke out into conversation, wondering how to process this new information and what it meant.

"It's your leadership," James teased, looking at Caitlyn with a grin.

"I knew that was why I was having a fucking night!" Ian exclaimed. "I'm cursed!"

"Sinister Circus, eh Ro?" Lana asked, nudging him playfully with her elbow.

"God knows what that means," Roman groaned, his head in his hands. "Oh, dear. Well, at least none of us have to do it on our own."

"I knew this would happen," laughed Nadine. "We were getting far too comfortable for our own good. Can't let us have it easy, can they?"

"Look!" Andrew cried, standing by his bed. "New t-shirts."

Everybody rushed to their own beds to see the new clothes. Each celebrity had been given one, and Lana deduced that these were the 'cursed' equivalent of their normal jungle clothes. The new t-shirts were a rich purple colour, with a neon green cross stamped across the front. The word '𝑪𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑬𝑫' was printed across the back in green lettering that looked like slime, with the celebrities' names and numbers printed underneath.

"Everyone looks so cute in their purple!" Kate exclaimed, looking around. Lana had been quick to change into her new t-shirt, as it was the only clean piece of clothing she had.

"Something different, isn't it," Ian mused.

"I feel like we all work at HMV or something," Lana remarked, and several of her campmates laughed at this joke.

"It's clean! That's what I like, it's clean," Kate beamed.

"Guys!" Jacqueline called a moment later as Andy stepped into camp holding a laminated piece of paper.

"Today, all cursed celebrities will be eating rice and beans," he read out. "However. You will all face a series of reckonings. These are trials and challenges that will give each of you an opportunity to free yourselves from the curse, and to win food. So basically, if you don't free yourself from the curse, you're on rice and beans all day."

"Great news!" Kate laughed sarcastically. "Just when we thought everything was going swimmingly."

Ian and Jacqueline filled their bottles up in preparation as Lana hugged Roman goodbye.

"At this point I don't even think I need to tell you that you'll ace it," she grinned into his shoulder. "But I will just in case. You'll ace it."

"I'll try," Roman laughed, hugging and high-fiving the other campmates. "See you all later, guys!"