Chapter 16

2 months later...

You were back at work and therapy went really well, you didn't have nightmares anymore about the plane crash, they were gone. You slept better than ever and you were thankful for that.

You were at work and Jensen was acting weird all day maybe because it was your and his one year and eight months anniversary? He avoided you at work even in the breaks he just talked to when he had to.

You saw Jo and Jensen talking so you decided to go to them and once you approached them they stopped, making you frown. "Why did you guys stop talking?" you asked and both of them struggled. "Just a patient, you know? Nothing important." "Yeah right." you said with a frown.

Jensen beeper interrupted you all and he disappeared into a room of a patient and you looked at Jo with a questioning look. "What?" she asked with a slight smirk and you knew she was hiding something. "Oh nothing, you and him are just acting weird all day." you said sarcastically and narrowed your eyes at her.

She laughed slightly and and bit her lip, "We are not and I don't know what you're talking about." she said and turned around letting you stand there dumbfounded. Maybe you were just overacting, but she was smirking so she knew something. "Spit it." you said as you followed her through the hallway.

"Spit what?" she said as she rushed through the hallway. "That what you are hiding." you said and put a hand on her shoulder, stopping her to walk that fast. She finally stopped and looked at you with a serious expression, "I'm not hiding anything, you'll find out soon enough." she ended a soft expression, which let you frown even more. What was she talking about?

"Okay." you said slightly hesitantly and she walked away, letting you stood there like someone stupid. Your beeper interrupted you standing there and you walked towards the tomography room. You opened the door and saw Jensen standing there with his back to you.

You wrapped your arms around his torso and nuzzled your head into his back, "Hey." you mumbled and he gave you a quick 'hey' back before he sat down in front of the computer, you frowned. But you decided to ignore it, because you were there to check the tomography.

"Look here." he said and you walked behind him, looking at the computer. "What is this?" you asked him. "It is someone having a pole stabbed through his back and it seemed his intestine is hurt." "So you need me to fix him?" "Yeah." he said and stood up, leaving the room.

You followed him, he walked into the emergency room and need to hide your gasp as you entered the room because you never saw something like this before. You walked towards the patient who was getting ready for the surgery.

"Jensen I-" "Don't tell me you can't do this. I know you can you're the best general practitioner in New York." he reassured you as you two made your way towards the operating room.

A few hours later...

You two took off your scrubs and excited the surgery, you weren't happy because there were so many complications. The patient could have still died, you didn't know if you did good work.

Jensen wrapped an arm around your shoulder and gave you a weak smile, he also wasn't satisfied with his work. He wasn't sure if this man could ever a'have walked again. He looked at his clock and it showed him 5pm his shift was over.

He smiled inside of him, because one hour left until you would come home, which gave some time to continue planning his date with you. "Your shift is over now." you said and he let go of you. "Yeah you're right."

He pecked your cheek and left you alone, he went to his locker and left the hospital. You sighed after you saw him left and went to your office. You decided that you should began writing the report of surgery.