Chapter 24

It was December 22nd, your last day of work before Christmas. You checked the vitals of your last patient and typed them into the tablet. Gratefully, you could end your day a few hours before Jensen did and looks for a gift you could gives him for Christmas.

"Hey." Jensen said before kissing your temple and you looked up at him, smiling. "Hey." you said. "I see you're finished for the day and can head home, right?" You smiled and nodded, "Yeah, but I wanted to head to the mall and get some extras for a few present." Jensen was about to say something, but got interrupted by his beeper. "I gotta go hun, but I'll see you at home." he said and pecked your lips before making his way towards the ER.

"Bye." you said mostly to yourself and smiled to yourself. You gave the nurse your tablet and smiled at her brightly as you wished her 'merry Christmas and great holidays'. She thanked you and went back to work. You walked to your locker, changed into your normal clothes and grabbed your purse before you left the hospital.

You smiled to yourself, being happy than ever and got into your car. You started the engine and made your way towards the mall. You got out of your car and grabbed your purse before you locked the car. You walked to the elevator, entering it and waited for your floor.

You walked out of the elevator and looked around yourself, thinking's bout which store to enter first. To be honest you didn't even know what to buy him, he had everything he wanted and he could buy everything he wanted.

You sighed and grabbed your phone out of your pocket and dialled Jared's number. He picked up quickly to your luck, "Hey what's up?" he said happily. "I need-" "You don't know what to buy Jensen for Christmas?" you laughed slightly. "Was it that obvious?" you said with a smile although he couldn't see it.

"Y/n/n, I practically know you my whole life, of course was it obvious." he chuckled softly at the other end of the line. "So really don't know what to buy, huh?" you sighed into your phone. "No, I really don't know what. He has everything and if he doesn't he has the money to buy it." you said and drove a hand through your hair.

Jared thought about his best friend and what he'd like for Christmas. He knew you two hadn't muck pictures of yourselves in your apartment. "What about a nice and beautiful picture of you and him, a picture you know he loves, in a pretty picture frame?" you thought about it for a second and smiled. He was right Jensen loved this kind of presents the most.

"Thank you, Jar. You're the best." "I know." he replied simply and chuckled. You would have shot him a glare, but unfortunately he wasn't there. " Don't be too selfish, I don't want to be my nephew to be like that one day." you said jokingly and Jared scoffed. "Anyway Y/N I see you at Christmas. Bye." "Bye." you said and hung up.

You looked at your phone and thought for a moment. You opened your photo gallery and looked through it before you found a picture you took last week in the Central Park. He told you how much he loved this picture. It was you and him, sitting on a bench and his arm wrapped around as he kissed your temple.

You took this picture for fun not really caring if it looked or not. But he loved it, telling you how cute you looked in your bonnet and scarf. You smiled at the thought of that moment and felt happy about it.

You went to a info where you could see what kind of shops in the mall were. You smiled as you found a little photo shop and walked to the shop. You smiled as you saw the shop from the outside, it looked lovely and friendly. You entered it and and a woman, few year younger than you, welcomed you.

"How can I help you?" You thought for a second, maybe you should have made him an album, but you thought this would be a great birthday present, plus you would be married by then. She smiled at you, she saw you were thinking. You unlocked your phone and showed her your picture.

"Could you print this one in 1280x720?" you asked with a smile and she nodded. "Follow me." she said and you did. You followed her to her desk and a computer. "Give me your phone." she said and gestured you to sit down next to her. You smiled politely and sat down next to her.

She connected your phone with her computer and copied the picture to her desktop. She gave you your phone back and opened the picture. "Is it okay if I'd edit it a bit, just to make it more beautiful and to emphasise a few details and the lightning?" "Yeah, sure. You know your job, I'm excited." you said and she smiled widely.

You saw that woman loved her job and you liked to see people being happy and satisfied. You looked at your phone and saw Jensen texted you: 'hey I just finished work, I'm heading home now. What do you think if I grab us a pizza for dinner?' You smiled and you weren't in the mood for cooking, 'yeah, sure. That'd be great I was thinking about the same. I'm still in the mall, I'll be back soon. ;)'

He sent you a quick 'okay, see ya.' and you looked at the monitor. You saw the woman editing the picture and it already looked more beautiful and lit up even more. "That looks beautiful." you said and she smiled. "Thank you, I'm-" she clicked something "almost finished." she said and she did something else and saved it.

"What do you think?" "I like it you." You said and she gave you a thankful smile. "I'm glad you do." she said before she printed it out. You stood up from the chair as you saw some frames that looked really nice. You saw one that fitted perfectly into your shared bedroom. The frame was silver and at the bottom of it was 'I love you.' engraved and you smiled widely.

You took the frame and went to the woman, she smiled at you as you approached her. "If you want to, I can put the picture into the frame and I also could gift-wrap it." she suggested and you smiled. That woman was so nice. "This would be great, thanks." you said.

A few minutes later she came back with the frame and your picture it was wrapped in pretty wrapping paper. "This looks so beautiful." You were using the word 'beautiful' a way too much that day. The woman smiled, "How much is it?" you asked. "10 dollars for the picture and 20 dollars for the frame, so 30 dollars." she said with a warm smile.

You smiled back and took out your purse, you took 60 dollars out of it. You closed your purse and put it back into your handbag, with the gift. You gave her the money and she counted it, you were about to leave as she stopped you. "Hey! This are 60 dollars." You turned around and looked at her with a smile. It was Christmas time and that woman was so nice and really interested, so you thought it might be nice to give her a tip.

"I know, but I think you deserve it. You have a really nice shop here and your work is amazing, but also your frames. Consider it as a Christmas present from a stranger." you said with a warm smile. "Thank you." she said with a bright smile. "Merry Christmas." she added. "Merry Christmas." you returned with a smile.

You left the shop and thought about to come back and ask her to edit your wedding pictures and for the present you had in mind for Jensen's birthday. You kept that in mind.

You texted Jensen, that you were finished and made your way to your car. You got into your car and drove home.

You opened the door of your apartment and saw that Jensen just entered it as well. "Hey." he said and pecked your lips. He looked down and noticed no bags. Fuck. "Where are your bags or didn't you buy anything?" "I didn't find anything, because I already have anything." you said quick and he shrugged before he walked away.

You placed your keys in the bowl and took your shoes and jacket off before you walked into the living room, where he placed the pizza on the coffee table with a coke for everyone. "Eating in the living room? At the coffee table?" you asked as he turned the tv on. "Ah someone wants to finish Brooklyn 99." you said with a smirk and he looked innocent at you.

"Can we please make an exception?" to be honest you didn't care, it was always Jensen who wanted to eat at the dining table. "Sure." you said and sat down next to him on the couch after you grabbed a slice of pizza for yourself and took a bite of it.

You spend the rest of the day watching Brooklyn 99 and went to bed early because of the flight you had the next day.