Chapter 1

1. The Return

Zandra woke up pissed, worried, and a whole lot of other things. Elena had once again managed to piss her off last night when she refused to give permission to save Caroline with Damon's blood. If it hadn't been for Zandra and Bonnie putting their foot down Caroline might have died so to say her trust in Elena was at an epic low was an understatement. She put on light blue skinny jeans, knee high black boots, a black tank top and a grey cardigan. She wanted to dress up a little because she was going to Mayor Lockwood's wake to be there for Tyler though she was going to stop at the hospital first to see how Caroline was doing and hopefully she didn't run into Elena.

An hour later Zandra walked towards Caroline's room and smiled when she saw Matt. She hugged him knowing that he was upset and worried about his girlfriend and Tyler. She wished that Mystic Falls wasn't such a supernatural beacon but it just seemed to attract all types of creatures.

"How is Caroline?" she asked.

"Come see for yourself," Matt said smiling.

Zandra walked in and let out a sigh of relief when she saw Caroline sitting up to greet her. She smiled because Jersey Shore was on and Zandra laughed because only Caroline would be excited about reality television. She hugged her tightly feeling her warmth and heartbeat relieved that she was alive and getting better.

"I'm sorry that I can't stay too long but Tyler needs me at the wake," Zandra informed her.

"You and Tyler?" Caroline said with a smirk.

"No Caroline okay. We are just friends and while he is a very fine specimen and I could possibly see myself with him I don't have that spark of attraction, of chemistry that you're supposed to have," Zandra informed blushing a little at how cheesy that sounded.

"You are so cute," Caroline informed her.

Zandra bid her best friend goodbye and rolled her eyes as she went on to Matt about how cute of a couple she and Tyler would make. She arrived at the Lockwood mansion and didn't see Tyler outside anywhere so she narrowed her eyes and walked towards the house. Right as she walked up the final step Tyler stepped out to greet her. Zandra smiled hugging him and wishing for a way to tell him what she suspected, that he was a werewolf. Luckily she formulated a plan because she knew from Damon that Carol knew about vampires so she was going to talk with Tyler's mother first.

"How are you? Crap that's cliché forget I asked because your probably not doing good. And I'm going to say another cliché thing so don't bite my head off okay. I know what it's like to lose a parent. My mother may not have died but it might as well have been the same thing so if you need anything I'll be there," Zandra said squeezing his arm.

"Thanks Zandra. So do you want to stand out here with me and greet people?" Tyler asked.

"Hmm I guess. But you owe me," Zandra said pointing a finger at him.

She walked to Tyler's room to set her stuff down since she was probably going to spend the night or at least stay after everyone left. Zandra walked back out to stand next Tyler and saw her father walking up.

"Hey Dad," Zandra greeted from her spot next to Tyler.

"Hey kiddo, Tyler," Alaric greeted, "Are you going to be spending the night?"

"I don't know but I'll let you know. Hey can you please keep Damon out of my way? He's been a dick and I don't feel like dealing with him tonight," Zandra said annoyed.

"I will keep him away from you," Alaric promised kissing her forehead.

"So Damon's a dick. I can take care of that if you want me too," Tyler suggested.