Fourteen

Zandra looked at Elijah curiously as he led her to the falls though she couldn't fathom why and he ignored her pointed looks making her even more anxious then she already was. Elijah could sense her anxiety but it wasn't bad so he didn't worry about because this was a surprise for her and she needed to learn patience anyway, after all patience was a virtue and it was something that could help in the future.

"So I know that I've been a bad mate and so on but killing me in the middle of nowhere is pointless don't you think," Zandra said jokingly.

"I can assure you that I am not going to kill now or ever and there are other ways to punish someone then killing," Elijah stated mysteriously and she laughed especially when she saw his smile.

"We have a sacrifice to complete and after that probably all kinds of evil to worry about," Zandra said thinking back on the embending doom that Esther had warned her about.

"There will always be enemies but we cannot stop living our lives," Elijah told her coming to a stop.

Zandra rolled her eyes and went to open the door when Elijah turned the car off only to smirk when he opened it for her instead. Elijah was always a gentlemen to women in general which was probably why her father had yet to throw a big fit over this mating business though he was also supportive too so maybe he just genuinely liked Elijah. Zandra took his hand letting him help her out and held on to it as he led her to the edge of the falls. She looked down and found herself equally terrified and amazed. The falls could kill any normal human from this high up but not her or more than half her friends as well as Elijah. Water had always been fascinating to Zandra and seeing the falls was something of a wonder.

"The founding families did not build this town. The families came from Salem and took credit for it instead. This is where my family and I use to go to have fun I believe the term is and it was the only time that Niklaus was away from our father's wraith. I should say my father since Niklaus is not Mikael's son. When we discovered the truth on his first kill as a vampire my mother cursed him but I could have stopped it. Instead I was so afraid of that man that I willingly helped bind my brother as his true nature was hidden and I don't he's ever forgiven me," Elijah finished looking out and she could see that he was saddened.

"I understand though I mean in a way I understand why you were afraid of Mikael. Look there's something I learned a while ago and I just forgot I guess but there's a way to stop Mikael, to kill him. When your mother created vampires fate was angry at her but they could see that exterminating vampires would cause more harm then good so instead they created a being, a girl that would be the so called peacekeeper of the supernatural world. She would have the abilities of all the supernatural beings in the world but if she died before she reach the age of eighteen the world would go into chaos. All those times your father has found you and Klaus isn't because he got lucky tracking you guys it's because he succeeded in killing the one person who had to power to stop him, The Warrior. Your mother told me that the only way to stop Mikael for good is to break his curse and him and I will have to team up in some way to kill him," Zandra explained.

"And you didn't think to tell me this sooner," Elijah said coldly and she knew he was angry though she didn't know what he was more mad about at the moment.

"I'm sorry okay. Everything got so crazy and then my mother died and it just didn't cross my mind. Besides your mother said I wouldn't remember everything we talked about until he became important so that must mean breaking Klaus' curse is important," Zandra said sighing as she crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry I just don't want to lose you," Elijah apologized taking her into his arms.

"You won't I have a vampire, a werewolf, a overprotective father, and a bad ass Original on my side," Zandra stated smirking at him.

Zandra grabbed the front of his jacket and pulled him down into a passionate kiss. She did everything in her power to provoke the big bad Original and when she bit his bottom lip it worked out perfectly. Elijah growled at how intoxicated this young woman made him feel and it was something he didn't understand and wouldn't change for the world. He picked her up. The vampire slammed her against the tree and moved his lips down her neck unfortunately before things could get more serious the phone interrupted them and Elijah growled out in annoyance but Zandra got this weird feeling like it was important. Elijah must have felt this through the bond because he set her down on her feet though he didn't let go of her and let her answer the phone.

"Ty what's up?" Zandra asked concerned.

"Damon Salvatore is what is up Zandra," Tyler growled out sounding upset.

"What did he do now?" Zandra groaned out in annoyance.

"I think he has my uncle and plans on killing him," Tyler said instead.

Zandra growled out and shouted into her phone at Tyler before hanging up. She may not have known Mason long but he did not deserve to die and Damon was probably doing it because he wanted to be a dick. Elijah smirked at her and in that moment she knew he would have her back because she considered Mason family and no one touches the people she cares about and gets away with it.