Realizations and Apologies

It had been a month since the death of Isobel Fleming and Zandra and Alaric were still having a hard time. Zandra was having the hardest time because she had witnessed the murder take place and nothing anyone did could help her. She sighed as she curled up on her bed after having sent Elijah away wanting him back but feeling so angry at the same time and it wouldn't go away. She closed her eyes holding the picture of her mother close as darkness welcomed her.

Zandra looked around and found herself in the forest with fog surrounding her feet which usually meant that someone already dead was trying to contact her. It was probably Esther with another warning about what she needed to stop and right now Zandra didn't want to hear it she had other things to worry about.

"Hello my little warrior," a familiar voice said.

"Mom," Zandra whispered.

Zandra turned the other way and cried at who she saw. Her mother stood before her in a beautiful white dress with her hair down and a genuine smile on her face. Zandra didn't care how it looked she hugged her mother never wanting to let go and sighed when her mother hugged her back. She knew that her mother had found peace in the afterlife but it still didn't make things better, nothing would. Isobel pulled back and when Zandra saw her face she knew that her mother was about to give her a bite of reality.

"Don't let my death make you into something you don't like," Isobel said holding her hands.

"You died," Zandra said tears falling.

"I died so that you could live. Show me the mother and I'll show you the child," Isobel said, "I love you Zandra now go back and live your life. Help Elena even if she ends up being selfish, take care of your father, let yourself be loved by Elijah."

"I'll try," Zandra stated not knowing if she could do it.

"That isn't good enough. I know you Zandra I know that you can fight so fight to live," Isobel pleaded.

"I promise Mom," Zandra whispered as the scene changed.

Zandra gasped as she woke up and she sat up so that she was sitting on the edge of the bed and came to a realization. Her mother sacrificed her life so that she could live and the past month she hasn't been living, merely existing and that wasn't fair to anyone, not Elijah, Caroline, Tyler, or her father. Today Zandra was going to fight even if it hurt and she was going to smile even she didn't want to. Her mother's sacrifice wasn't going to be in vein and it took a visit from her to realize what she had been doing.

Zandra came out of her room a half hour later to find her no one home and sighed knowing that she had told them to leave plus there was still the whole ritual business to take care of so it seemed that she would have to find them. Zandra came to the Grill first and found three of the four people she cared about sitting together. Caroline with her vampire hearing saw her first and smiled sadly at her as she walked over. She stopped and stood there for a minute before sighing.

"I'm sorry," Zandra said.

"You don't have to apologize kiddo," Alaric said moving over so she could sit next to him.

"I think I do. This past month I've been acting like it's the end of the world and it isn't. I've been a major bitch to you guys and I'm sorry," Zandra said smiling hopefully.

"I forgive you mainly because I was a dick and you still managed to be friends with me," Tyler said smirking.

"Asshole," Zandra said rolling her eyes before looking at Caroline hopefully who was glaring at her.

"You have been a major bitch and I tried to help with girl's night but you didn't care. I'm upset at you but I forgive you and you can make it up to me by going shopping with me," Caroline said smiling at her wickedly.

"Shopping it is," Zandra laughed.

Zandra ate some food with her friends and family but knew that there was still one other person to apologize to and that was her mate. Elijah had been patient and she had treated him like shit and it wasn't fair to him. She found out from her father that he was staying at the Lockwood mansion and drove over with Tyler to visit him as well as his mother. The door opened to Carol Lockwood smiling at her. After having things explained to her she had done everything she could to help which seemed to include letting two Originals room with her.

"Zandra darling come here," Carol greeted pulling her into a hug.

"Hey Mrs. Lockwood," Zandra greeted feeling comforted by a motherly embrace.

"Tyler told me what happened and I just want you to know if you need anything I'm here. It's the least I could do for putting up with my son," She said joking at the last part.

"You love me mom and you know it so shut it," Tyler joked only to have Zandra hit him upside the head.

"That's your mother Tyler Lockwood," Zandra scolded feeling more protective of good mothers like Carol since her mother's passing.

"Oh brother I do like her more each day can we please keep her," Klaus' voice said.

Zandra turned to see Klaus and Elijah come down the stairs and she glared at Klaus first and sighed when he just smirked at her. She rolled her eyes wanting to smack him upside the head but thought better of it since she didn't know him that well. Zandra turned to look at her mate and smiled at him and crossed her arms because everyone was looking at her. Carol must have saw her discomfort and saved her.

"Alright Tyler, Klaus I need help," Carol said giving them a pointed look.

"I'm an Original," Klaus started.

"You are staying in my home which means you help me now move it!" Carol scolded.

A look from Elijah sent Klaus on his way and Zandra sighed in relief at having time alone to talk with her mate. She wanted to go over to him but didn't think he would welcome it and instead just stayed by the door waiting for him to make a move. Zandra looked down at her flip flops, her hair, which was in a fashionable ponytail fell over her shoulder and sighed thinking maybe he didn't want to talk to her since she had been a major bitch to him. A hand cupped her chin and Zandra looked up into the concerned face of Elijah. Elijah must have sensed her discomfort through the bond and he pulled her to his chest letting her settle against him. Zandra sighed, closing her eyes as she took comfort in her mate knowing that they still needed to talk but at least she knew she would be forgiven and everything just might be alright between them.