Dealing

Zandra starred at the wall in front of her from her place on the bed. Elijah had brought her back here after her mother's death while he and Klaus took care of Katherine, to make sure that she wouldn't escape. Zandra had pleaded with Elijah to let her deal with her mother but he told her that he would take care of it so that she could say goodbye. She was in agony and when she looked down to sees the blood on her hands that just made it worse. She heard the door open to the apartment and didn't even bother to see who it was because she didn't care anymore but when she saw that it was Elena she wanted to scream.

"I need to talk to you," Elena demanded walking over to stand in front of her.

"I don't feel like talking I thought my appearance would be a clue to that," Zandra said her voice scratchy from screaming.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I'm about to die in a sacrifice and you care more about being left alone," Elena screamed.

"Shut up you selfish bitch!" Zandra yelled standing up and using the strength of a vampire to choke Elena, "Our mother is dead because of you. Katherine compelled her to turn her emotions off for you. The bitch then told her to kidnap me so that I wouldn't get your way. Our mother is dead and you know what? I don't care if you didn't know, one look at me should have told you that something happen but did you realize that Elena? No instead you made it all about you but it isn't!"

"Zandra put her down," Elijah's voice begged.

"Why? So she can become another Katherine and screw up everyone's lives? Or how about so she can use two brothers like its child's play?" Zandra yelled tears falling down her face.

"I'm your sister," Elena got out despite the fact Zandra was choking her.

"No we're not, not anymore. When the sacrifice is complete I don't want to hear from you, I don't want to see you. You keep claiming that Isobel wasn't your mother well you got your wish Elena she isn't and she's dead. But you see Isobel not being your mother means I'm not your sister. Now get the fuck out of my apartment," Zandra said throwing her to the floor and watching as Elena runs past Elijah all the while glaring.

"That is the first time you've spoken in hours," Elijah says not moving from his place in the doorway.

"You mean besides the screaming," Zandra whispered holding back a sob.

"Katherine is taken care," Elijah informed her coming to stand by her side.

"I want her to suffer Elijah. I have never hated anyone in my life and now I hate Katherine so much I want her to suffer. I want her to be tortured and I don't want her to have an easy death and that scares me," Zandra told him crying.

"She took your mother from you it's alright to be upset," Elijah stated putting a hand on her cheek.

"She didn't deserve this," Zandra said and it was all she could say as she let a sob lose and then couldn't stop.

Elijah felt his heart break for the first time in a long time and wished he could make it better for his mate. He used the hand on her cheek to pull Zandra to his body and let her fall against him. The Original squeezed her neck in comfort and let her bury her face in his chest. Losing someone important to you always hurt but it hurt even more immensely when you saw it happen before your eyes with no way to stop it. Elijah just hoped that his brother was making Katherine's time as a prisoner before the ritual as painful as possible.

~Zandra Saltzman~

Alaric knew something was wrong as soon as he stepped foot in Mystic Falls. Ever since Zandra had started coming into her powers he always got these feelings if something was wrong with her whether it be emotional or physical. The feeling intensified when he arrived at his apartment and he sent a look to Caroline and Tyler, who had insisted on coming, to warn them to be on the lookout. The two stood behind him as he knocked on the door expecting Zandra but instead getting an older man wearing a suit. There was something about him that warned of power and it put him on alert.

"Where's my daughter?" Alaric asked narrowing his eyes.

"Man Zandra is getting lucky," Caroline joked but a look from Alaric warned her, "Sorry Mr. Saltzman."

"Your Zandra's father?" the man asked.

"Yes I am," Alaric said pushing past the other man but he knew inside that he wouldn't have gotten past if the man if he didn't allow it.

"Daddy," his daughter's voice called sounding so small.

Alaric turned to find Zandra standing in the hallway in a pair of sweats and a Duke shirt with her wet hair pulled up in a ponytail and her eyes red from crying. Alaric didn't even get time to ask what was wrong before his little girl was throwing herself into his arms. She sobbed and Alaric wanted to make it better but he couldn't if he didn't know what was wrong so he just wrapped his arms around her and held her tight.

"She's dead Dad. Mom's dead," Zandra finally got out.

Alaric closed his eyes as the tears formed and held his daughter tight against him. Nobody, not the mysterious older man, Caroline or even Tyler existed in that moment. All that existed was a father and daughter mourning the loss of a woman they loved. Isobel Fleming had made many mistakes but she loved her daughter and her daughter loved her as well as the husband she left behind and she would never be forgotten not in this life or the next.