Two

2. Truths

Zandra sighed as she paced back and forth in the study while Tyler sat down on the couch watching her. She needed to tell him the truth because that was the deal she had made with Mason. He would tell Carol or find a way too while she would talk to Tyler and tell him the truth. The conversation last night was an interesting one to say the least.

Zandra waited til Tyler fell asleep and then she quietly snuck out to go to his father's study. There she found Mason waiting for her. He was leaning against the front of the desk with his arms crossed. She cleared her throat announcing her presence to him and he looked at her smirking.

"Why are you smirking?" she asked confused.

"Nice pj's," he complimented.

She blushed and looked down because she was wearing white sleep shorts, where you could see her black panties, a black tank top and one of Tyler's zip up jackets since she was cold. Zandra sighed because she knew how it looked but right now couldn't find it in her to care so she just leaned against the doorframe.

"I'm not going to argue with you but know this I am telling Tyler because he has a right to know. I can tell Carol too if you want but she might get pissed at you if she doesn't hear it from you," Zandra said and saw Mason's glare.

"Fine I'll tell Carol you tell Tyler," Mason said still glaring.

Turning to him she walked over and sat down on the table right in front of where Tyler was sitting on the couch. She felt bad because she knew that it would be hard to believe and that it would change Tyler's life forever but he had a right to know.

"I know that this is going to be hard to believe so bare with me okay," Zandra said.

"Zandra just tell me," Tyler said annoyed.

"The stories that our parents tell us about monsters that go bump in the night their real Tyler. Vampires exist, so do werewolves, witches, and whatever the hell I am. The ringing you heard was a device used by the counsel, which is made up of the founding families, for vampires. Your not a vampire though but when it happened I had a theory. My mother who abandoned me to become a vampire researched all kinds of supernatural beings and one of them was werewolves but I didn't know for sure so I wasn't going to tell you but your uncle confirmed it. He told me only the highlights. It's genetic but to activate the curse or gene you have to kill somebody and the reason you don't like the Salvatore brothers is because they're vampires," Zandra finished.

Tyler looked at her wondering what she took but then he really thought about it. Last night when he threw that tantrum Mason had said it was because of the Lockwood curse. Vicki had been attacked by an animal but yet it looked like bite marks. She disappeared only to be buried in a shallow grave that Caroline found. She was scared of Stefan and Damon but never gave a reason why. It also explained the reason why his father was so mysterious about him going home that night. This is explained so many things and the look in Zandra's eyes told him that she was telling the truth.

"What are you?" Tyler asked.

"Of all the questions that's the one you want to ask," Zandra said shaking her head.

"I believe you okay but you said that your something too so what is it?" Tyler asked.

"I don't know. My mother knows more than she's said or willing to say and John Gilbert knows too but he just wanted to use it as leverage against my father so I don't think he'll tell me. The only way I can describe it is that I have supernatural abilities. Like things a vampire can do I can not all of them but some. I can't be compelled, I'm stronger than the average human, I heal a little faster than normal but I also feel this draw to the supernatural world, to keep the peace, to I guess be the law and order of the supernatural world is the best way I can describe it," Zandra explained looking down.

"So your a mystery?" Tyler asked jokingly.

Zandra laughed because with that one question she knew that her and Tyler were okay and that he believed her. She punched Tyler in the arm and squealed when he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. She hit his back as he ran through the house and saw Carol roll her eyes at their antics. Life was good though she had a feeling that would change soon enough.

~Zandra Saltzman~

Zandra walked around the carnival looking for her father and not seeing him. She had left Tyler and Mason so they could talk and she was about to head back when she saw Caroline and boy was she shocked. Caroline was covered in blood and there was a man laying on the ground, indicating that her friend was a vampire and she ran over.

"Care," Zandra said grabbing her arms.

"Oh god I'm sorry," Caroline cried.

"What's happening to me?" Caroline asked.

"You're turning into a vampire," Zandra told her, "It's going to be okay just calm down."

"You know about this and didn't tell me?" Caroline asked hurt.

"Would you have really believed me Care?" Zandra asked her seriously.

"I know I wouldn't have I would have laughed. I'm a monster," Caroline cried in her arms.

"It's going to be okay," Zandra reassured her holding her knowing that even if her best friend did try to hurt her she could stop the blonde.

"No it's not," a voice said and Zandra turned to see Damon.

She saw Damon holding a stake and she saw him come at Caroline. Zandra stepped in front of the blonde pushing her back and thinking that Damon would stop only he didn't. She gasped as she felt the stake go through her chest and saw Damon let go. She started to fall to the ground only to be caught by Caroline who was crying. Zandra tried to think of something to say but she couldn't because of the pain. Just as her eyes started to close she saw three faces of people very important to her. Caroline, Tyler, and her father.