Five. Lan Sizhui

By the time Wei Wuxian finished the morning classes with the two different groups of first years and having to repeat the same contexts of his lectures, he often finds himself forgetting that everything is fictional. It was not that he has begun accepting his situation, but it was more so because of the attention given by the students of Jinlin University that made him believe for a moment all the nonsense of the entirety of his lectures.

Only for a moment, though. Or that, he believed.

"Professor Wei,"

Wei Wuxian looked up from his notes and to the door, and a smile broke in his mouth as he spotted Lan Sizhui standing there, "A-Yuan," He mumbled, breathing out the tension in his chest that he didn't know he was holding. There is just something with this particular student that gives him some sort of calm. "Did you finish your other class?"

If someone outside of Lan Clan had called him that way a week ago, Lan Sizhui would have been completely taken aback. But lately, their new Dorm Homeroom Teacher and also their Literature Teacher in History had insistently kept calling him by his birth name, Lan Sizhui had grown accustomed to it by now. He smiled back to the teacher, "Yes, Psychology just finished. Is Professor Wei not going for a lunch break?"

"Lunch," Wei Wuxian repeated, "It has been a while since I had a proper lunch." I've been stuck in Kaishi Library for a week. He wanted to add.

Lunch would be ideal, but during his lectures with the first years in the morning, he picked up a few things, and God forbid, his notes for the afternoon lectures with the second years need massive revision. Or else, he would make a total fool of himself.

He can't believe how much he can actually learn from his students, at the same time, he hoped he wasn't so obvious while he was pretending to know crap about what they're talking about in class.

He didn't volunteer to fill in for a friend in Drama Club and accomplished nothing in the end. He at least learned a thing or two in acting. The fact that the whole Drama Club crew had begged him to stay as an official member after the play, means a great deal. He turned that down though. Not only that, he would get distracted from his studies, and his friend would for sure lose a lot of good roles if he had stayed.

Lan Sizhui smiled, "I'm off to the cafeteria. If Professor Wei is hungry, we can go there together."

Wei Wuxian's face lit up, his notes forgotten in a blink, "Can I?"

Lan Sizhui laughs, "Sure, Professor Wei."

Wei Wuxian stood up, folding away his notes and references, "Let's go, then."

Wei Wuxian didn't recognize which side of school Lan Sizhui had brought him to until they entered a building that screamed Lan Clan everywhere. From the calming mix of whiteness and blue in all interiors, down to the drifting clouds clan logo that gave Wei Wuxian a light feeling on his feet and made him either smile or run away from that place because it slowly makes him suffocated.

"Professor Wei?"

"Hm?" Wei Wuxian asked back, not at all there as his eyes caught an interesting wall with words inked in traditional Chinese writing, from the ceiling down to the floor, " Do not kill within Cloud Recesses. Do not fight without permission. Do not commit acts of promiscuity. Do not go out at night. Do not make noise. Do not walk too fast. Do not laugh for no reason. Do not sit with a disgraceful pose ." Wei Wuxian's eyes widened as he looked back at Lan Sizhui, "Isn't this the three thousand rules of GusuLan Sect?"

"Four thousand and three hundred thirteen, Professor Wei," Lan Sizhui corrected, watching the shock in the professor's eyes.

"Four thousand? I thought there were three thousand?" According to what he has learned so far.