Seven. WangXian

Monday

Monday.

"Goodbye, Professor Wei."

"See you tomorrow, Professor Wei."

One by one, the first class of second year college students left his classroom as soon as it ended. There is half an hour recess for Wei Wuxian between his classes. So, with that time, he usually would rearrange his notes, add the things he learned from the previous class and use them for when it is necessary.

But this time, he needs to get himself some refreshments. And maybe a protein bar. "That reminds me, recently I lack physical exercises. My mother would not let me off easily."

For sure, when he comes home to visit his parents, his mother would make sure to make him run ten miles in less than an hour without any break. His mother made him sure his physical endurance doesn't fall short to his father who is as fit as a racing horse - his father is a retired soldier, or something. His mother, well, no one knows.

Wei Wuxian only knows she does a lot of things. And is particularly good at it. She is an artist (hence how Wei Wuxian learned to paint), she also mastered different types of martial arts (hence why he mastered it too).

She used to run a small charity for the street children in their area, she stepped down when Wei Wuxian finished high school.

Presently, his parents would travel a lot in the countryside at least once every other month and it spans from three days to two weeks, it depends. They said that they were night-hunting. Wei Wuxian doesn't know what those hunts meant, they never brought back anything.

But while Wei Wuxian was in college, he barely sees his parents so whenever they see each other, prying on their hunting hobby is always pushed at the back of his mind. Whenever he returns home, he would just pamper himself with his father's cooking while trying to get his mother away from the kitchen. Cooking is the only thing she isn't particularly good at.

"Man, I should pay them a visit soon." He mumbled to himself as he finds himself in front of the vending machine. He tapped his phone on the payment pad after choosing an iced coffee. He waited for the can to drop but the machine only made the initial noise but nothing came out.

Wei Wuxian pouted, inspecting the machine, and found that the can is unfortunately stuck halfway down. "Cliche," He raised a brow. "It's already at this age of digital world and they still can't fix this problem." He hissed, pressing the same key again and again but it still wouldn't budge.

Well, there is no going around it. Wei Wuxian looked around and found no one in the hall right now so he gave the machine a good kick. "Let's see," He grinned at himself.

Nope, didn't do the trick.

He gave the vending machine another kick but the can only fell a few inches down.

"Ugh." Wei Wuxian groaned, sliding down the floor in frustration. It's not all the time he craved for an icy refreshments but when he does, it has to be this damn complicated. "Fine, I don't want you anyway." He pouted.