Six. Lan Wangji

"Are you worried, Professor Wei?"

"Of course, I am!" Wei Wuxian responded quickly, and he doesn't get it why Lan Xichen had to ask him about this unnecessarily. One of his students must be sick and has been missing class for a week, he, of course, would want to know this so he can help him out in catching up with all the lectures he missed. "How sick is he?"

Lan Xichen tried to keep the grin on his mouth not to show up creepily as he turned away from Wei Wuxian only to look at the door before returning his gaze at the teacher, "Perfect timing, Professor Wei. Maybe you can ask yourself?"

"Huh?"

"Wangji, come in."

The door creaked open, both Lan Xichen and Wei Wuxian stared at it. Wei Wuxian doesn't know why he is holding his breath, he just does. He just didn't expect that he needed that air in his chest as his eyes caught the, well, the most beautiful person in Gusu.

When Wei Wuxian fixed his eyes on the said student, Lan Wangji, he felt like the ground disappeared underneath him, the surrounding blurs in a maddening fast sequence of events that Wei Wuxian cannot keep up. His heart raced so fast before it went to a full stop all too suddenly that he had to grab the backrest of the chair. Otherwise, he would have fallen on his knees. He didn't even notice he had stood up. His mind was completely taken over with the complexity of the images he is seeing.

Yes, he is looking at Lan Wangji's face, but it felt like he sees much more than that beautiful face, and he doesn't know where these feelings are coming from at all. He didn't feel this intensity in his chest when he first had a glance of him back at Yanli Dorm's Common Room. Maybe because back then, he didn't have the full view of his face. And it was a mere glance, a few seconds.

Now, it's different.

Handsome, no, this word isn't strong enough to describe this Lan Wangji, and for sure, Wei Wuxian can turn the dictionary inside-out and he still won't find the perfect word to describe him. Well, at least not at this state.

He was utterly thrown off his feet that such a person exists that it ultimately got Wei Wuxian felt like he had travelled in the fictional world of Gusu where this beautiful person existed too. And he doesn't mind this, not one bit.

"Professor Wei," Lan Xichen cleared his throat, the lengthening silence that followed his brother's entrance to his office had made the said professor agitated, no, rather overwhelmed. "Are you okay, Professor Wei?"

Wei Wuxian took a few seconds to respond. Even his attempt to pull his senses back was weak. "Huh?"

Lan Xichen walked around his desk, advancing closer to Wei Wuxian, who lost a good bit of color from his usually bright skin. Only then he noticed that Wei Wuxian's eyes have gotten redder than normal, tears have pooled just about to fall. "Professor Wei..." He reached for the young professor's cheeks worried, "Tears." He pointed out.