Eleven. Jin Ling

"Prof Jiang, seriously it hurts!" Lan Xianyin wailed while grabbing his saber with his admirably long arms from Wei Wuxian before he left them, sniffling. Not without waving to Wei Wuxian, "Professor Wei, I'll see you around next time. Zaihao likes you so I like you too." He professed with a grin. He disappeared as he blended in with the crowd of students.

"Cultivational level?" Wei Wuxian mumbled.

Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng looked at each other, unsure what to say next.

-

Wei Wuxian looked at both Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng, wondering if he should just go along with the student in bringing up the fictional world of cultivation into reality like it was the most casual conversation to transpire. The whole university seemed to be celebrating a festival akin to the ancient times wherein magic and cultivation are both believed to be practiced. Who is he to oppose? He surely does not want to be that one spoilsport of the crowd. "Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian grinned, "I could use a sword or something. Everyone seemed to have one."

Lan Wangji looked at Wei Wuxian's eyes, trying to understand what goes on the professor's mind right now. There are just a lot of slip-ups the last few days and it made him wonder for how long he can cover this up. The professor is clearly not that stupid, he is just raised in a community wherein cultivation is believed to be an ancient art and only existed in the past. For all he knows, the professor must have slowly realized a few things but chose to disregard it.

Because it is always easier that way.

Sooner or later, Lan Wangji will have to clue Wei Wuxian to the world where he used to belong. The trip that his mother proposed would give him the chance to approach the professor with this matter. He just has to make sure that Professor Wei will not come across more shocking signs before the trip.

"You don't need a sword," It was Jiang Cheng who replied with a huff, "You won't know how to use one."

Wei Wuxian gasped, "Who said I don't know how to wield one?" He glared at Jiang Cheng, "I bet you would not even stand a chance if you and I duel."

For some reason, Jiang Cheng strongly believed that. The fact that Wei Wuxian had calmly picked up Lan Xianyin's saber without the spirits influencing him only testifies that the other professor has a golden core as strong as, perhaps, the kind of Lan Wangji's, who have cultivated it from an early age. But how is that possible? Can someone shape such a golden core without having to practice intensive cultivation?

"Wangji, Wanyin,"

Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng quickly turned away from Wei Wuxian and towards the new group of people who wore a mixture of red and yellow robes, a distinct symbol of wings stitched in front of their clothing. This is the infamous Yi Clan, the house of the prosecutors - Wei Wuxian sure knows the name.

There are only a handful of students who are from the Yi Clan in the university, Wei Wuxian only has less than ten of them in all his classes. So it is fascinating for him to meet their elders. People heard of them a lot from the news.

"Jiao mu," Both Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng addressed the two women in front of the Yi Clan group who stopped before them. The two gave their courtesy.

Godmother? Wei Wuxian noted how Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng addressed the two women. Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng have Yi Clan for godmothers? How cool is that?

The two older ladies returned the courtesy with a smile directed to their godchildren before they noticed Wei Wuxian, who stood beside Lan Wangji with eyes and mouth wide open, obviously captivated. One of the women looked back at Lan Wangji to ask, "Wangji? Is he a guest of Lan Clan?" She returned her gaze on Wei Wuxian, examining the robe he's wearing.