3: May 15th

Chapter 3: May 15th

May 15th 2019

Cheryl's phone buzzed against the hard surface. Her eyes slowly narrowed and her hands drew her fingers to wrap around her phone. She hadn't told Toni that she had received threatening text messages and letters since February.

She unlocked her phone with her passcode as her fingers trembled. She doesn't know where or who it is coming from. She is in constant fear.

Unknown: Cheryl, sweetheart, your days have been numbered. You have three weeks to come up with money or we come for Ms. Topaz.

Cheryl: No, I'll have the money before then. Meet at the bridge?

Unknown: All 10g's?

Cheryl: Yes, all Ten Grand. Now, leave her alone. She's not part of this!

Unknown: I'd be careful if I were you Blossom, you owe me. You bled my money dry and you know what your punishment if I don't get what I'm owed.

Cheryl's hands shook violently as tears fell from her eyes. She hadn't meant to piss them off. She only did it to protect her Blossom earnings.

Cheryl: I know. And I will have it by Tuesday at dusk.

Unknown: Tuesday at DUSK. No later, or well you know...

—xx—

June 14th 2019

Toni re-read the statements that FP had provided for her. Since the investigation was transfer over to Riverdale County Sheriff's department, FP had taken over. Her head was spinning with the new information. She couldn't believe what she was reading. What had Cheryl been hiding behind her back? She had many questions and one of them remained unanswered.

Who took her girlfriend? That question had been bugging her since June 8th. It only had been the fourth day in their investigation. FP looked over their bank records or transfers she could've made to this individual.

Betty had a strong alibi. On June 8th, She was helping Veronica with La Bonne Nuit as a bar tender. Veronica was shortened on her staff that night, swamped with customers. Betty offered to take on a shift and didn't come home until Five A.M.

As for Jughead Jones, He was in Heartland, Canada with Archie. FP confirms that he chatted his son around eight o'clock. Jellybean needed help with homework and he had to go.

"This doesn't make sense." Toni frowned at the papers littered in front of her. "She wouldn't keep the fact she had a blackmailer after her and myself from me. I refuse to believe it!"

FP knew it hurt her to see that Cheryl had kept this hidden from her on purpose. He would feel the same way if Alice did that. He looked up at her, sensing that she needed a break.

"Toni, lets take a break. We have been working since ten this morning." He suggested.

Toni sighed, nodding before discarding the papers and headed out the door. Her heart skipped frantically at the thought.

Cheryl was trying to keep herself from whoever took her. Then why didn't she come to FP? Was she going to before it was too late?

All Toni knew was that her abductor had a personal issue with her and Cheryl.