11: Facing Demon's Eye

Chapter 11: Facing Demon's Eye

July 8th, 2019

Officially the report said Cheryl disappeared exactly one month ago, and Toni wasn't sure if she could handle anymore bad news. She felt if she was facing the Demon's eye. She had done a lot research on Nicholas St. Clair and found a lot of dirt on the St. Clair's family.

"Is this enough, Agent Smith?" Toni asked as she slammed the file on his desk.

Charles looked up from his research and furrowed his brows." What is this?"

Toni clicked her tongue." This here is the evidence I found on the St. Clairs." She grabbed the chair, pulling it back so she could sit down. "They stop paying their son three years ago, right after Veronica held him hostage. But until then I found this little tiny agreement between them." Charles picked up the file off the desk, opening it and stared down.

ST. CLAIR'S Agreement

Mr. Xander & Mrs. Simone St. Clair paid $12,0000 to Nicholas St. Clair on 2/22/19. Mr. and Mrs. St Clair withdrew payments on March 2nd of 2019.

He found his proof that he need. This would cause St. Clair to retaliate and give motive for his recent behavior.

He turned to his partner," Get Mr. and Mrs. St. Clair on the phone." Then he turned back to Toni and gave a faint smile. "Good work, Topaz."

"Thank you, Charles. I want know if they have any involvement with Cheryl's disappearance." Her tone held an edge to it.

X One Day Later....x

On July 9th Charles welcomes the couple into his office. Toni sat at the oval table in the center of the room, overlooking the sky. She catches the look on Simone's face and twitches her fingers against the file cabinet right next to her. As for Xander St. Clair remained poise and sophisticated.

"Thank you for coming in to speak with us, Mr. and Mrs. St. Clair." Charles said as he dipped into his office chair and pulled out the evidence to show the couple.

Xander smiled briefly before he sits down next to his wife, Simone." You're welcome, Agent Smith." He extended his hand.

Charles shakes his hand firmly before he looks over at the couple in front of him. He spoke to his co-workers last night and found out that the St. Clair's checked into the Four Seasons three days ago. Which gave the agent suspicions about them.

Simone smiles sweetly before she next her Coach purse on the empty seat. "May I ask why you wanted to speak to us."

"Well, my partner found something about payments to a Nick St. Clair." He watched as Simone clearly stiffened in her seat.

"Oh... Nicky." Toni catches a sour look on her face." We haven't spoken to Nicky in months." Xander nodded his head, grimly frowned.

"As my wife said we haven't spoken to our son in months. He's been trying to contact our family for a year now."

"When did he start?"

"About six months ago." Simone confirmed, looking down at her fingers.

Charles takes the file folder and opens it." See here. It says you paid him on February 22nd, but withdrew payments a week and half later." He watches them carefully.

"That's correct. We had second thoughts. You see Nicky blemished our name and we didn't want to give money anymore; especially after what he did to that girl." Simone's tone changed for a moment before it went back to normal.