7: July 1st

Chapter 7: July 1st

July 1st 2019

The ominous light broke in as the news broke. It was the first summer that Toni Topaz-Blossom felt lost in her own worlds. Cheryl had been missing for a month now. She missed her with all her heart. Their life was just getting started and now she had this fear that wouldn't go away or shut off. Her fear had been - she would never see Cheryl Marjorie Blossom again. She woke up from a nightmare screaming her lungs off. She reached for the other side of the bed in panic and tears sprung from her eyes.

"Toni?" A voice disturb her from her cries. She looked up at the light weary of her surroundings and more tears broke from her eyes. "Tiny... are you alright?" The light in the room sharpens her face with its glow.

She looks up from her blanket that covered her face and nodded weakly." Yeah... I'm okay. Just a bad dream." She caught Sweet Pea's look in his eye and continues,"... About Cher... god, Sweets! I keep having the same nightmare. I come home from work and I find her, but this time... she's bloody and dead...." The words felt haunted coming off her lips.

"Oh...Tiny..." His voice is in a whisper as he collected her in his arms. Sweet Pea has witnessed the downfall on hand. Ever since Cheryl was taken, Toni hadn't been the same. It was to be suspected when your spouse turned up missing. He rubbed his hand gently down her back as a stifled sniffle escapes the young woman's throat. "I'm so sorry."

Following the downfall became more cautious. Jughead returned home, Archie made sure Toni was okay and Veronica kept her spirts up the best she could. Betty gathered, tidy the house so Toni wouldn't have to lift a finger. As for FP, his hands were filled with Cheryl's investigation. He had to keep his personal feelings locked away and focus on the case. He found it harder than he expected.

A shrill ring broke the two apart, Toni reached for her phone and then her jaw went slack. "Yes, this is she. Uh, huh... oh. No. I-I understand. Thank you. Okay good day, Sir." Sweet Pea looked over at Toni's face. He couldn't figure out what happened.

Toni turned to her guy best friend and sighed." That was Charles." Immediately his attention was grabbed. Charles Smith, FBI, also the son of Alice and FP Jones.

"What did he say?"

She let a weak smile appear on her lips," He said that they found a source that leads to the money transfers. He thinks that Cheryl may be there..." His hand travels to her back for support.

"That's great, Tiny. Isn't it?"

"Yeah it is..." She sighed quietly as the room felt less doomed with despair.