18: End Battles

Chapter 18: End Battles

November 27th, 2019 - Thanksgiving

Her battle with PTSD also known as Post-traumatic-stress disorder didn't take away from her life and choices. She still had her nightmares, jumps and setbacks like any other trauma victim. Cheryl doesn't like to be the victim. She won't let her disorder run life for her. Officially she had been in therapy for three and half months now. She started going to a therapist back in late July and it seemed to be really affective. It wasn't uncommon for survivors to experience a little extra help. Her therapist says she's doing very good with her recovery process. Of course she had her challenges. Anybody would if they went through what she had been through.

Her father's decision to murder his own son, her biological mother's abuse and trying to kill the town. The forced conversion therapy at the Sisters Of Quiet Mercy. She still hasn't forgotten her time there. It was traumatizing. Also losing Jason, her almost death at Sweetwater River. She was going to end her battles and finally overcome them.

She and Toni walked up to the office bearing treats and snacks under their arms. Toni rang the doorbell and waited to welcomed in.

"Toni, Cheryl, come in!" FP said welcomingly and stepped back to let them through.

Toni clasped her hands over Cheryl's and followed FP inside, hearing the door shut noisily behind them. They were guided to the kitchen table, which had been littered with of sorts of Thanksgiving food. Cheryl inhales the sweet scent of pecan pie. Her stomach rumbles at the appetizing smell.

Cheryl's eyes met Betty, Jughead and JB right away as she sat down in the chair next to Toni's coat. She looked to see where Toni went off to but didn't see her. She decided to go mingle with Betty and JB.

"JB, you've gotten so big. What are you 20 now?" JB rolled her eyes.

"No." She laughed," I'm sixteen, Cheryl."

"Enjoy sixteen, you start to feel old after that." Betty chuckles.

"Oh, don't be so dramatic, Cheryl." She turned to face JB, who rolled her eyes." Don't worry about what Cheryl said. You have plenty of time to worry about then when you're older."

Cheryl laughed, ignoring Betty's comment and decide to head over to the dessert table. She found Jughead having the same idea. She plucked two cherries from the jar with her fingers and popped into her mouth. He took two cherries as well and plopped them in his mouth.

"I knew I'd find you two over here."

Their heads turned and met Alice's stance. The apron was wrapped around her waist and her skin was dusted with a white substance.

"What? Cherries are a must-have. That's why my wedding cake had cherries." She said in a duh voice.

Alice rolled her eyes." Whatever. I don't care. I just wanted to give you a hug." Her arms wrapped around Cheryl small waist.

They broke apart and Alice collected herself. She promised she wouldn't get emotional during this party, but she failed. She was officially having menopause. It was making her hot, moody and very emotional.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, rubbing at her eyes.

"It's okay, Mom." She brushed her apology off and hands her a tissue.

"Thank you, Sweetheart!" She turned to Jughead and said," Jughead, put down that cupcake and help me in the kitchen." Jughead huffed silently and follows her.

Cheryl felt her shoulder being tapped. She turned her body and gasped. FP stood behind her, smiling waiting for her to calm her nerves.

"Stuffing her your mouth with all our cherries, I see?" She rolled her eyes, chewing the cherry stem.

"It's the best part!" She defended.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Jughead and Toni discussed back in August that it was now safe. It had been several months since Nick's case went cold and they decided not to bother. Alice occasionally ordered when to put the stuffing in the dish and take it out to the table. When it was time to say thanks, Cheryl decide to say a come of words.

"Hi, I know a lot has happened this year. I would like to take a minute to remember the ones who can't be here this Thanksgiving. I also wanted to say how thankful I am to be standing in front of all of you today." She looked across the room. She took a breath and then started again," Earlier this summer, I was taken... I thought I would never see your faces again. I remember the cold nights waiting for time to stop just so I could not feel the pain." Her eyes started misting.

FP, Alice, Betty etc their eyes weren't dry as she looked at them. She could see the tears they were holding in, trying to be strong for her. "I want to say I'm sorry, Mr. Andrews... I know you tried to safe me and I'll never be more grateful." Archie wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt.

"I'm thankful for you being in my life. I'm also thankful for Jay-Jay giving me a second chance. He told me that he saw my future. He said that I needed to go back to people that loved me. And he was right." She wiped her eyes with a tissue that was balled up in her hand. "Wow... I didn't to get all sappy like this, but I've been talking to my therapist about letting things go. I'd decide that it was time to tell you all how thankful I am for each and everyone of you guys."

After she was finished. She sat back down in her chair and everyone told her how brave she was for what she had been through. Alice gave the okay to start eating. They all grabbed their plates and served the dishes.

Toni leaned forward, whispering into her ear." I'm so proud of you, baby." She gave a quick peck on Cheryl's cheek.

"Thank you, TT."

She finally felt like herself again. After all those days locked away - she felt free from all the bars on the windows. The weight was no longer on her shoulders. She could finally feel at ease. No abductor was going to take who she is from her without getting Cheryl's wrath.

—xxxx—The End—xxxxxxxxxxxxxxcxxxxxxx

And that is a wrap. I hoped you liked it. It was my first Choni story and I'm quite impressed on how much of a turn-out it has been. I enjoyed writing it and it now has to come to its end.