9: St. Clair

Chapter 9: St. Clair

His heart clenched painfully as he watched Toni's reaction to the letter. Her eyes stayed puffy red as she re-read, and re-read until she eventually lost the energy and dropped it. She broke down into FP's strong arms as he cradled her head. How were they going to come up with that kinda money on such short notice? Alice set down a cup for her and Toni looked up gracefully at her and thanked her silently with her fragile brown eyes.

"FP, don't we have at least a grand in our account?" Alice asked her husband.

FP seemed reluctant to give this bastard anymore money than Cheryl gave. He honestly wished Cheryl would've came to him when the problem occurred. He remembered the time Cheryl came over early to his office and seemed a little off that day.

Xxx—xxx

February 10th, 2019

Cheryl tapped her nails against the door to get the man's attention. A week ago, She received a strange note on Thistle-house's backdoor mat. She didn't know what do to do so she decided to go to her adoptive's father's work.

"Morning, Cheryl, what is the pleasure?" FP greeted as he went through a stack of papers.

Cheryl exhaled softly," Just wondering if I could ask you a couple questions." She started easing into the conversation.

FP moves up his glasses from the bridge of his nose and leans back against the chair. She looked in her purse and started pull out the letter, but quickly changed her mind. She removed her hands from the bag and looked up at him. He looked confused, so she sent him a smile.

"I forgot the paperwork at home." She lied.

"Is there anything else you like to ask?" His question made her think for a second. Could she tell him? The note said specially not to tell FP Jones. She was scared and it takes a lot for Cheryl Marjorie Blossom to be scared.

"Oh, I remember now," He looked at her with interest." What time is dinner happening on Saturday?" Again, she lied. She couldn't risk her family's life.

FP chuckles lightly," Six." He watches her for a second and noticed something was off. "Are you sure that's all, Cheryl? You know you can always come to me, you know that?" Cheryl nods before waving and exits his office.

Outside his office door, Cheryl opens her purse and takes out a white envelope and a frown appears onto her face. She knew what it said and she had to figure out how to pay them back or else.

February 1st, 2019

Dear Miss Blossom,

You owe for all your damages. You will pay me my money back each week. You'll drop it off by the docks or else your pretty little wife will pay for your price.

I know all about the shady things the Maple Blossom Business has done over the years. Jason Blossom murdered by your own father, Clifford Blossom and, your mother Penelope Blossom abusing you and jailed for trying to kill your serpent acquaintances.

If you say a word to Sheriff FP Jones, I will make sure that your adoptive Daddy loses everything. His lovely wife, Alice Jones, his daughter, Jellybean, his son annoying sons, Jughead Jones and Charles Smith. So you've been warned, Cheryl Blossom.