13: Set Free

Chapter 13: Set Free

July 14th, 2019

After Charles left the room, he knew exactly where him and his team had to go. Greenfield. That is three hours away from Greendale and Centerville. He contacted Toni, and the Serpents to meet him at the station as soon as he gave the call clear. FP radio him after the call ended between Nick and his parents. FP was going to arrest him, Charles' job was to save Cheryl. Everything was on the line at this point.

FP exited the squad, noticing the look on Nick's face brought him happiness. It took everything in him not to punch that smug look off his face.

"St. Clair, hands where I can see them!" Nick turned to look at his parents and halted." You set me up? Your own son?" Simone folded her arms over her chest and shook her head.

"Nicky, you are a bad man. You hurt someone and who knows many times. We had no choice, kidnapping isn't a joke!" Simone yelled as she fought against her tears.

"Hands behind your back, Nick." He spat as he step forward.

Nick snarled." That bitch deserved everything she got." FP slammed him against the squad car and hooked the cuffs around his wrists. "Whoops, my hand must've slipped." He lies as he opened the door and stuck him inside.

He turned to Nick's parents and said, "Thank you, very much for your help." Simone nodded as her eyes teared up. She never wanted to hurt her son but he was evil. And she knew he wasn't a good man.

-xx— ELEVEN O'clock, Greenfield, Warehouse

Charles knocked on the door. He looked behind him and waited for the signal. He was one step closer to finding Cheryl. He really hoped he wasn't playing them. He looked at his team and gave them the signal.

"This is the FBI, come out or we will be forced to remove you!" He heard a screech from inside the abandoned warehouse.

"Cheryl?" He called after he thought heard a scream come from the other side of the building." Are you in here?" He looked over to Sandro when he heard a muffled-like scream.

"Mmmh!"

"Boys, stay behind me." Charles spoke as he heard the scream again. "Sandro, check the main entrance, Jen, you check upstairs." He directed as he pulled his gun out and turned off the safety. Sandro nodded and checked main entrance.

A few moments later, Charles heard his radio buzz." Sandro, anything?" He released the button and waited for Sandro's response. "All clear, Smith."

"Jen?"

"Nope. All clear here, Sir."

He walked around, noticing an abundance of unopened mail. He reached down with his gloved hands and picks it up. He fumed when he read it. That bastard took missing person flyers about Cheryl. He heard the muffled screaming again, but this time it was more amplified. He quickly darted his eyes toward the noises coming from behind the black door.

"Is anyone in there?" He kicked at the door and heard frantic screaming. "Hold on, I'm coming!" He called as he looked for anything to break down the door. He found a sledgehammer by the corner, catching a glimpse of a lash or a whip made his stomach turn upside down. No, Charles, focus.

With all his might, he swung the hammer at the door, causing a yelp to escape behind the door. He swung again and the door broke loose. "Jen, this is Charles, I need backup."

He coughed as the dust flew into his face. "Cheryl..." He cried when he blinked his eyes rapidly through the dust cloud. "Are you in there?" His call was answered when he walked into the room and saw a blood messy ginger hair.