14: Into A Dream

Chapter 14: Into A Dream

She awoke in field of roses, and other varieties of flowers. Completely confused what was going on around as she slowly lifted her head off the green ground. She looked around her surrounds in complete content. She kept walking as she saw humming birds and one thing that spoke to her.

"J-Jason?" Her voice was in a quiet whisper.

Her twin-brother raised his hand to her and she cautiously held out her hand for him to shake. She couldn't believe her brother was here with her. But how? He died three years ago.

"Cheryl, you finally made it. We've been expecting you." Jason greeted hauntingly.

"We?" She asked as she looks around frightened.

"Toni and I, sis." Toni? Her wife was also here? Where is she?

"T-T? She is here?" Jason nodded his head with a titled smile appearing on his face.

Cheryl shook her head," No. That isn't possible. I am still in Nick's warehouse bunker." JJ shook his head.

"You are not in the bunker anymore." Cheryl stared at him, unable to think.

"... If I'm not in the bunker, then where am I?" He didn't say anything. Instead he led Cheryl out of the ground and the scenery changed yet again. She continued to follow her brother's directions and kept a careful eye  on Jason's red hair as they walked.

"Where am I, Jason?" When he didn't say anything. Cheryl put her hands on her hips in distrust," I'm not kidding, Jason. Tell me now where am I! I'm not playing around."

"Charging...." Cheryl heard echoing powerfully in her eardrums. A pit started to form painfully in her abdomen. She had a feeling that she couldn't just shake off her shoulders.

"Heaven, Cher."

Cheryl looked Jason horrifiedly in his eyes, which dazzled with grief that she didn't quite understand yet. But she would as soon as she connected the dots. "Heaven?" She whispers faintly into the air around her. She takes a second to let it sink in. "I am dead?"

She blinked her eyes closed, intensely thinking about what happened before she blacked out. Her heart started to beat rapidly in her chest. She remember what happened before Nick left that morning to meet with who the hell cares. He sliced her with the knife but this time closer to her heart. She reopened her eyes and looked down.

Blood flowed down her chest, legs and arms. She looked on horrified what was going on. Her arms were blood red with her own blood. What was going on? What was going on?

"Cheryl!" She heard a familiar voice yell her name. "Baby, I'm here! Please... please don't leave me." The voice sounded so pained. It gave Cheryl chills as she kept listening.

Jason smiled sadly at her," It's time to choose." Cheryl looked back at him.

"Choose?"

Jason's hand gripped onto hers and he stared at her with sorrow-filled eyes. "You have to choose if you want stay with me or... go home. Be the twin that surpasses death. You have to make the decision if you want to leave Toni and come with me. It's all up to you. Choose wisely, you only have one chance, Chery." The words began to haunt her mind as she looked around her.

"But JJ... what about you? I miss you so much. I tried to be with you--" She was cut off by his voice.

"I know. I saw." His voice was soft and his eyes wander hers." I was one that saved you. I-I didn't want you to regret something you couldn't take back. I saw a future that you hadn't seen yet. And you know what that is?"