Chapter 6

Eli's POV:

So far I was doing an awesome job at not being noticed. People knew I was here because they could smell me but I guess the way I was hiding myself into Troye's side told them not to approach me. I'm glad everyone was respectful enough to not speak to me. The award ceremony was taking place and so it was really quiet while the principle called the names of people who had won awards.

Troye had won a few teachers favorite awards and two for academics and sports. My name had been called for plenty of academics and a couple for baseball and soccer. I didn't go and get my awards like Troye had, I only sat there with my head down hoping that no-one would call me out, thankfully they didn't. I can't handle people's sympathetic and questioning gazes yet, I'm not ready for it. I don't want anyone's pity.

I could smell Nixon in the room, he wasn't near me but he was still here. We had been wrong about our assumption of him not coming. As long as I don't see him I will be alright. I haven't seen him in person since that day, I've only seen him at night when my brain tortured me with nightmares of past events.

I stopped myself from thinking about that by paying attention to my principle who was now going to call me out for an early graduation.

"And last but not least, we have two academically talented students who have decided to graduate earlier than the rest of the seniors. These two students were a pleasure to have and will be missed greatly." He began.

I was confused because I was the only one who was supposed to be graduating. Who else would want to give up all of their senior opportunities to sit around and do nothing for the rest of the year.

"Everyone please give a congratulations to Elijah Lockwood and Troye Green" He said proudly. Why did he have to announce my full name, I hated being called Elijah... gross.

Wait did he just say Troye?

"Troy why did he just say your graduating early ?" I asked dumbly. Troye had the right grades to do it but I didn't want him to miss out on opportunities because I was too afraid to finish the rest of my senior year.

"Because I am, I couldn't leave you by yourself for the rest of the year could I ?" He said.

I was going to argue and say that he could and that I didn't want him skipping the most exciting year in high school just because of me, but he cut me off before I could.

"And before you try to talk me out of it, I've already made up my mind. Your my best friend Eli, if your done I'm done. And I know your birthday is on Saturday so I know your gonna want to leave to find your mate and I couldn't go with you if I was stuck in this hell hole." He said, I knew there was no point in arguing with him so I just didn't.

I gave him a tight hug in thanks, I don't know what I would do without him. I had been so caught up in my drama that I had forgotten that my eighteenth birthday was so close. I was so excited too. I would finally be able to get away from Nixon and find happiness with my mate. I hope that they would be able to take away all my pain and love me like I wanted to love them.

"I have to pee, wait for me in the car yeah ?" I asked standing up.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you" he asked.

I looked around and people were pretty much gone so I thought I was safe, Nixon was nowhere to be seen and I didn't want Troye thinking I needed protection twenty four seven so I refused his offer.

"No, everyone's pretty much gone I'll be fine I promise" I assured him.

"Okay, I have my mind open so just mind link me if you need to" he said.

"Yes dad" I said playfully before leaving the auditorium and going into the bathroom.

No-one was in there so I had complete privacy as I stood at the urinal. I did my business and washed my hands. When I turned to leave and almost had a heart attack because I wasn't expecting there to be someone behind me. My fear only spiked when I realized that it was Nixon.

..................................................................

New chapter hope you guys like it don't forget to vote and comment :-)