1. Some things are meant to be secret

A/N: This story contains a lot of triggering subject matters and implies substance abuse (even if it isn't clearly written). There are points that seem unrealistic at times and far from canon. This is more like building back a relationship and fixing things than a romantic fanfiction. There are implied romantic and sexual feelings but they aren't acted upon until later.

Both the characters are 17 and 19 respectively, making Tim still a minor. This takes place during Tim's first year as Red Robin but as I said before this doesn't follow the canon universe.

Due to him being treated more older than he is, this shows his struggles and how he copes and Jason is the only one who can somewhat relate to him. Also this is extremely slowburn.

1. Some things are meant to be secret and not to be  heard

           It’s around midnight, the time when the bat family is usually on patrol, like today. Batman and Robin are patrolling together, and so are Spoiler and Black Bat. Leaving Red Robin alone.

           Not that Tim minds - not anymore at least - he likes to be alone. He gets left with his thoughts and no one is there to judge him. 

           Maybe except Oracle, because she sees all. 

           Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Commissioner Gordon, used to be Batgirl. Then, long story short; she got shot by the Joker and got paralyzed. Tim winces at the thought. Barbara was so good about it though, she’s the strongest person - mentally - Tim has ever seen. Tim can’t even begin to imagine what it would’ve felt like. Ever since then Barbara has now become Oracle, and she helps the Bat-Family through the comfort of a chair. 

           Oracle knows that Tim needs some ‘me time’ so she doesn’t judge him. She doesn’t even question Tim when he says he’s going to shut off his comms for the rest of the patrol because she understands .  

           “Oracle. I’m going solo for the rest of patrol, so I’m gonna shut off my comms” He says through his earpiece. Barbara makes an ‘mhm’ sound, implying that he can, so Tim shuts off his line. 

           He gets on his bike, trying to think of a place to go. For some peace . He knows he isn't going to get any here since he’s way too close to the other bats. He needs to get away from them. Especially Bruce. He can’t be around him right now. He isn’t ready to face him just yet. 

           There’s some bad blood between them. It may be one-sided, but it’s still there. 

           The only place he can get away from them is...

           Crime Alley

           Too dangerous,  Tim tells himself, but he has to. Maybe at the edge, he won’t notice you there, right?  Tim decides that it’s fine, there are other places he could be. Maybe he isn’t even in Gotham?