8. I hope they wouldn't say anything

           Being a vigilante for a living doesn't exactly pay. Well, it doesn't even pay. So unless you're a billionaire that owns a multi-billion company - like Batman - otherwise being a vigilante will definitely make you rethink your finances. 

           The vigilante's in Gotham are very privileged to say the least. Except for the Red Hood. So when it comes down to getting groceries, Jason really had to be on budget. He isn't the most poor - with the gear he owns and safe houses, he is far from that - but he isn't on an endless supply of money either. The money he has are savings from some other jobs and some cash Roy managed to give him. 

           When it comes to getting groceries, he feels partially normal. Not entirely, but there's some peace in it. It's a nice escape from reality that is his wonderful life. 

           Jason's safe houses are cozy. Not exactly luxurious, but he bought them from his own bloody money.  

           They're the closest thing to a home, even if they are temporary. 

           He walks down the street where his current safe house is located. Again, it's not the nicest street in the world, but it's nice enough, according to Gotham standards anyway. 

           Jason hums the melody of a very old song - one from his childhood - as he enters the lobby. It's quiet and the only thing that can be heard is his humming. It's around 6 in the morning, so it makes sense that most people would be asleep by this time, it's just Jason happens to be an early bird. 

           The peacefulness doesn't last long though. The cringing noise of him frantically searching for the keys takes over. 

           After much struggle to get the key into the keyhole with his view being blocked by the gigantic - and he means GIGANTIC - bag of groceries. 

           "Well fuck me." He tiredly curses, as he finally managed to get the door open. 

           "If ya insist." A way too familiar voice replies. 

           "Roy?" He questions the - not really - intruder, as he places the bag on the - quite conveniently placed - table besides the door. 

           If it wasn't for Roy's habit of showing up unannounced and unnoticed, Jason would think he is going insane, hearing his best friends voice. 

           "What's up Jaybird." Roy says joyfully, coming into view finally, as he lazily wraps his arm around Jason's shoulders.  

           Jason flinches. 

           Jason himself cannot believe his body just flinched, and he's internally screaming at himself. He quickly tries to hide the odd reaction by showing a smiling facade at Roy.