𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

❛❛ i heard you from my room..
are you alright? ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

are you alright? ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

fingers gliding along her arm, smooth until her fingertips. the warmth that radiated from her as he kept her close to him. he stared down at her as soon as he felt her tensed up. his heart was beating fast and he didnt know why but most especially.. he didnt like it.

he hated her. no, he hates her.

he hates them and hates whatever they did to him. those people ruined him but why was he feeling this way towards her? she's clumsy, she only brought him pain ever since they've met yet why was fate like this to him? even as he tries to distance himself from her, she always manages to bump into him.

he lowered himself down to her ear "close your right eye" he said. the girl's eyes grew wide.

"w-what?" she wanted to look at him but he kept her in place. he didnt want the girl to see him feeling slightly vulnerable.

"i said, close your right eye. it'll help you
get a better aim. so that we'll get this stupid training over with"

and he did want it to end. he didn't want to be this close to her because if she is, his mind becomes messed up and.. he's reminded of the past. she was the reason why he got injured in the first place. but why did he follow her to saseum forest? he admits it was partly his fault that he got hurt but she was the catalyst of why his miseries and nightmares are happening, again.

im happy san wasnt like this.

at every sound coming from the musketoon- when it fired. he felt her tremble a little and he felt her hand itching to cover her ears.

"let's end it here" he said, taking away the musketoon and placing it at the holster by his waist.

"but-" he cuts her off, not wanting to hear what she was going to say.

he showers after their training, as if wanting to get rid of the feeling of the princess from his system. he hits his head against the wooden wall, watching the water fall and seep through the hole and into the sea.

i must be going crazy.

his night was almost sleepless. only finding slumber after a few drinks and staring at the ceiling for hours.

the scene earlier kept on replaying on his mind like a broken record. but at the end, another nightmare appears and its the same as the previous ones.

"wooyoung..."

"hide..."

he jerks up, sweat forming all over his body. he sits by the edge of his bed and stares outside the porthole.

he balls his sheets into his fist. idiot. he never trusted anyone from the royal bloodline. they're all the same.

a familiar sound snaps him out of his thoughts "hey" san's head peaked inside his room, showing his dimply smile "i heard you from my room.. are you alright?"

wooyoung stares at san as the prince approaches him and sits on the space beside the gunner. wooyoung shakes his head, looking down.

"another nightmare?" wooyoung nods "im so sorry woo" the prince hugs the man beside him.

wooyoung gives in and hugs the prince back. san was the only royalty he ever warmed up to. he saw that the prince was different from the rest and his views of the world was different from those who sits on the throne.

but he didnt trust his sister yet. she was just another misfortune waiting to happen, and he especially didnt like that prince from sagwa.

"you should try to sleep again" san said, releasing his hug and patted the other's back instead. the gunner complied and laid down on his bed. san looks at him first before standing and leaving the gunner.

as the door clicked san turned on his heels; shakes his head as the imagine of the gunner appears on his mind.

wooyoung tries to act so strong in front of everyone even though he's the complete opposite when he's alone.

-

they were back at the practice range. another round of emptied beer bottles stood by the ship's ledge.

"try to not hit the ship" wooyoung loaded the musketoon as he hands it to the princess "hongjoong might get mad. try hitting the bottles or just fire at the ocean, i dont care, just not the ship"

soojin nodded at the gunner. the princess stared at him but the scenes from yesterday plays on her mind. she tries to shake it off as she averts her eyes from the black haired and focus on what she was supposed to do.

"remember what i told you yesterday. fix your grip and aim at the bottles properly. close your right eye if you need to"

the princess did what he instructed- pointing the musketoon at one of the bottles and holding the weapon as firm as she can.

she fires the weapon, but even as she tries, it fires to the ocean when the sound of the musketoon made her flinch. stop it stop it, nobody's going to take him away again.

she closes her eyes tightly, opening them forcefully as she stares at the 3 glass bottles once again. the princess attempts to hit the bottles again, repeating the mantra in her head.

from a distance, wooyoung watches her trying to hide the fact that the sound of the musketoon makes her tremble a little. seonghwa, yeosang, san and that prince was also there yet he didnt think anybody noticed it.

"dawon" he called which caught the attention of the four men around him. the man named dawon came to him immediately.

"yes?" he said, holding his hands firmly to the side. he was a new recruit in the ship and was placed under the care of the gunner.

wooyoung gave him a small smile "can you please fetch me another musketoon and two sets of load"

dawon salutes as he turns in his heels and ran to the artillery- grabbing whatever the gunner asked for. i didnt sign up for this.

dawon returns with the items and gives them to gunner before excusing himself and returning to his work.

wooyoung loads the musketoon and holds the rest of the ammo in his freehand. he approaches the princess- who still hasnt hit any of the bottles.

jongho looks at him suspiciously as the gunner pulls the gun out and aims it at the back of the princess.

the prince looks at him wide-eyed as he took a step forward "hey-"

the gunner fires the musketoon, the bullets flying past the princess by just a little bit and hitting the three bottles. the princess looks behind her and sees that wooyoung had his arm up "what was that for?"

the gunner brings the gun down and comes near her "i want to talk to you princess. i have something i need to ask"

-//-

(・∀・)

an update to celebrate ateez winning and performing on MAMA 2019~

/ scroll down for a surprise /

191204 mingi ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ need.. hq.. versions..