𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏

❛❛ if i date, i aim to marry the person
im going out with ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛ if i date, i aim to marry the personim going out with ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

wooyoung was trying to suppress his tears from falling.

even as he has told the story to his trusted crew members— the four boys he had learned to love more than himself. the feeling was still raw inside his chest.

even as they protect him and promise that the gunner was never going to experience that trauma again, the pain and sufferings of his childhood was still there, hunting him down like a wolf to its prey.

soojin reaches up to him, holding his trembling hands. the gunner took a few seconds to realize their physical touch. he flinches ever so slightly as the princess retracted her hand back.

"im sorry" she mumbles.

the princess didn't know what to say. she wanted for so long to hear the gunners story, but now that she has heard it, her brain wasn't processing.

her mind was going haywire with all the information she has gathered. a pile of emotions were downing upon her- anger, sadness, irritation and the likes.

wooyoung turns to her with unreadable eyes "i don't need your pity" he said, standing up on his two feet as he turns to leave without another word, but soojin tugs on the hem of his pants making him stop short.

"sit down" she says before slowly adding "...please"

wooyoung once again took a heavy breath before squatting down on the step behind her. soojin shakes her head before pointing to the space beside her, the gunner looks at it for a while as soojin stares at him with somehow pleading eyes. he blinks rather tightly before complying.

the two sit together quite awkwardly, each feeling slightly uncomfortable or scared to look at the person beside them.

"i'm sorry had to go through that. i- i didn't know you had to experience that growing up and i feel irritated and mad for those shitty people and i'm so sorry for asking you and i'm so sorry that i sort of forced you to tell me your story and-"

she stops her blabbering as she hears a soft chuckle coming from the man beside her. the princess looks at him with wide eyes. what's funny? why is he laughing?

"you said shitty. if san hears you, you're going to have another round of scolding"

she gives him a look, her mouth hanging low in disbelief. we were talking seriously and this man had the audacity to laugh?

"you were blabbering and kept on saying sorry. it's not even your fault" she presses her lips together as she realized how stupid she must have looked.