𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

❛❛ i think we're under attack ❜❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛ i think we're under attack ❜❜━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

treasure had set sail once again, leaving jusue island and venturing south to cheseu next.

the ship was sailing peacefully along the ocean with the crew mostly chilling around as there was nothing to do.

hongjoong and seonghwa were busy inside the captain's chambers, maps spread across his desk along with a couple of old documents.

soojin was spending her time with the book entitled: flowers and their languages with yeosang who was telling her random facts here and there.

"gumamela is a flower native in-" her reading was cut short when a ringing started sounding all across the ship, alarming everyone on board.

hongjoong and seonghwa looks up, a concerning familiarity etched on each other's face as they hurriedly exit the room and gather towards the main deck.

mingi was ringing the bell by the quarterdeck as yunho held a telescope by his eyes. he removes the object before looking down towards the group.

"what's going on?" hongjoong shouts, running up the stairs and onto the quarterdeck.

"i think we have a visitor and they arent friendly" yunho passes the telescope to hongjoong, who holds it tightly and places it by his eye.

he sees a massive ship, its pole bearing a flag that means anything but good. the ship's canons were protruding by its side as the ship itself was approaching treasure.

hongjoong took a little bit of time as everything started to register in his mind.

the captain orders to bring up a white flag, to show that they mean no harm. the other ship doesnt stop or bring down their flag and replace it with the same one as their's, instead, the ship fires the first canon towards them, missing the ship by only just a few meters and landing in the water, making it splash all over.

hongjoong looks around the crew that have gather around the deck before giving them a nod, shouting out orders as they move, knowing the protocol for this particular situation.

wooyoung guides his men below deck to mend and ready the canons, bringing pounds and pounds of gunpowder with them.

seonghwa goes somewhere inside the ship, only to bring out crates of weapons. he hands a sword to yeosang and a dagger for soojin, as well as another sword for jongho who had joined them

"what's going on?" she asks in alarm.

"i think we're under attack. use these to protect yourself, if something happens just stick to any of us or hide" he leaves them to hand out the weapons to the rest of the crew.