Chapter 30

Lucy

"Rogue! It's been 2 weeks and they're still not back." I sighed.

"Have faith, Lucy. They'll be back before Zeref attacks." He calmed me, embracing me into a hug making my worries melt away.

"You're right. I should give them more faith." I signed as I wrapped my arms around him in return. "I just can't help but feel somethings wrong." Rogue stroked my hair in a calming matter.

"I know I feel it too, but I believe in the both of them and they can overcome anything together." I nodded and we split apart from our hug and laced our hands together.

"We should go to the meeting now. It's our last one before the attack." We started a leisurely walk to Minerva's office where the head of each group was waiting, Minerva for team A, Orga for team b and Rufus for team C as well as team Exceed who would accompany me and Rogue and eventually Shadow and Sting and Team Natsu who we're head of the Fairy Tail Forces. We all gathered round the table which had a map of the city.

"Rufus is everyone evacuated from the town?" Minerva asked.

"Every citizen is accounted for and has been evacuated to Magnolia."

"Orga how are the defence barriers?" She asked.

"They held a punch from my lightning cannon so they're as stable as we can get them."

"Team Natsu, are Fairy Tail aware of their positions?"

"Yep! We're ready to fight!" Natsu grinned as his fists lit on fire.

"Okay, looks like we're all set. Everyone enjoy yourselves for now. Tomorrow we go to war." Minerva dismissed us, I decided to look around to notice that none of my guild mates looked worried. In fact the only one that looked worried was Wendy. I walked over to the bluenette and ruffled her hair comfortingly.

"Hey Wendy, what's on your mind?" I asked.

"Its just that, Miss Shadow and Mr Sting aren't back yet. Are they okay?" She asked shyly, hiding her face under her hair.

"I wish I could tell you that they're fine Wendy but actually I've got a bad feeling myself about those two." I sighed but crouched down slightly. Over the past year or two Wendy had grown an extra foot in height and was almost at eye level. "But, I also know those two are very strong. Even if they're in trouble I know that they can get out of it." I smiled warmly at my little sister figure and she nodded as she ran back off to team Natsu. I sighed and Rogue took my hand, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

"Do you want to go home?" He asked, I nodded, all the war planning had drained me of energy recently. We walked leisurely around our little town, taking in the quiet atmosphere. "Lucy." Rogue stopped me and made me look into his eyes. "After this is all done...marry me."  He lowered into one of his knees a pulled out a ring.

It was a statement. Not a question. A grin appeared on my face and nodded frantically.

"Yes! A thousands times yes Rogue!" Tears streamed down my face as he slipped the ring on and he embraced me into a tight hug. We walked the rest of the way home and talked about our future together for the rest of the night.

The Day Zeref Attacks.

I took a deep breath as we stood on top of a hill that overlooked our guild hall. I took Rogue's hand in mine as we waited impatiently for Zeref and his army to turn up.

A few minutes passed and we all felt it. The enormous feeling of power and dark magic. He was here.

His army started piling in, attacking any building they could find, desperate to please Zeref.

"Everyone ready?" I asked, a series of Yes's and nods followed my question as I took a deep breath. "Now!" I shouted as Sabertooth and Fairy Tail combined ran into the town, finding anyone they could to fight. Me and Rogue stayed at the hill waiting for Zeref, however after a few minutes someone else appeared. A woman with green hair and the sharpest claws I'd ever seen. Sharper than Erza's swords.

"Who are you?!" I demanded from them. A sadistic grin appeared in her evil face but she never answered. Filled with frustration I built my magic energy up. "Star Dress; Apollo Form."

Although, this star dress had no armour, it contained the power of the sun, much like Apollo did

Although, this star dress had no armour, it contained the power of the sun, much like Apollo did. "Open! Gate of the Hunter! Artemis!" I called my spirits sister to boost my own power and sped towards my opponent.

She laughed as she stepped to the side showing a battered Shadow and Sting, my concentration lost, my star dress vanished as did Artemis. Using my vulnerability against me, she grabbed a hold of my neck and brought me closer.

"It seems master Zeref was wrong about you. You're not that powerful really are you?" She asked squeezing my neck tighter.

"Lucy!" Rogue shouted "Shadow Dragon-"

"Now now, any attack at me will hurt your girlfriend here." She clicked her tongue and grinned evilly, gripping my neck tighter...I couldn't breath...

"Purgatory Dragon..."
"White Dragon..."

"ROAR!" Two familiar voices came from behind her and a purple and white beam knocked her down, hitting her square on.

"Good idea to fake our magic was gone Stingy. Guess you are kinda smart." Shadows voice carried as I looked at her in disbelief and launched myself into her arms.

"Don't scare me like that you...you...you Stupid girl!" I cried, she rubbed my back comfortingly and laughed.

"That's the best you can come up with Lu?" She asked.

"SHADOW!" A ball of white flew straight into our arms, tears sliding down our exceed sisters face. "Don't do that again!"

"I won't. Now look alive, it'll take all 5 of us to beat her." We stood up and stood our ground. Our first fight of the war.

We have to win this.