A Sister's Scolding

Lynn POV:

As we finally went outdoors, we saw Lori looking near the center of road. When we looked over, most of us gasped when we saw Luan near the center of the road..almost getting hit by traffic. Seeing how none of the others could reach her...I quickly started to run towards her and pushed her back to safety before a car could run her over. 

After that....the others came rushing over.

"Are you two okay?" Lori asked.

"Yeah..I've been through worse." I said.

"Good. Now Luan." Lori said. Luan looked at Lori before Lori slapped her making the others gasp while I stared in shock.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? YOU COULD'VE BEEN INJURED OR KILLED!!" Lori shouted.

Luan didn't say anything and just held her cheek while staring at the ground. Meanwhile Lori was slowly calming down from her anger. The scene made me uneasy...especially since it made Lori really angry. Sure Lori does get angry, but she never shouted like that to us. 

"Don't you know how worried I...I mean we were when I noticed that you ran out of the room only to see you start to walk towards the center of the road. I know what you did was a mistake, but killing yourself won't help matters." Lori said.

"Yeah...What would Lincoln say if you killed yourself?" Leni asked.

Luan slowly looked up at Leni with no emotion on her which made us all feel uneasy. 

"Lincoln would be glad if I was gone." She said.

"What? Lincoln wouldn't want you gone." Leni said.

"How do you know that?" Luan said.

"Well..Lincoln loves all of us. And he wouldn't want you to kill yourself over a mistake." Leni said.

"That's easy for you to say...You didn't make him a cripple while burning down the house and killing one of our pets." Luan said as she walked towards the benches near the entrance of the hospital.

The rest of us watched her go..with surprised expressions on our faces while Leni and Lori looked at each other with worried faces.

"Sigh...Her heart is in a dark place." Lucy said.

"You got that right Lucy. Listen...You guys keep an eye on her while I talk to Mom and Dad and tell them about this." Lori said.

The rest of us nodded and stared at Luan. While I looked at her..I felt my heart break. She wanted to kill herself..because of a mistake. Hopefully she'll get out of this mindset before she kills herself and our hearts with her.

Author Notes: 

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋