The Talk (Part 2 of 2)

Lori POV:

After I said those words, I could see that Luan would listen to me...but will try to ignore them. Which made my heart beat fast since that meant that she'll try to commit suicide..again. As I looked at the others, I could see that some were trying to listen to the conversation while some tried to distract them.

"Luan...Before you went into traffic...Did you think about us? How we'll feel if your attempt wasn't stopped?" I asked.

"Yes. I did...All of you would be glad to see me gone." Luan said.

"Luan...We wouldn't be glad to see you gone...We would be devastated. Luan...You're the one that keeps our spirts high when things get bad and without you...how will we feel better?" I said.

"Do you honestly believe that you guys wouldn't celebrate my death? My death will make people's lives better." Luan said.

"Listen Luan...14 years ago I promised that I'll protect you...to look after you when the goings get tough. And I'm not going to let you commit suicide to repent to Lincoln." I said.

"Oh really...then why are you always bossy and mean when you're left alone with us?" Luan said.

"Luan...I only do that to protect you guys. If I let you do your own things then there is no telling what could happen to all of you. Besides I care for you...all of you too much to let you get hurt or killed." I said.

"But..." Luan said.

"Let me finish Luan...What you said about us celebrating your death is hurtful. Do you really think that we would celebrate your death especially since we need each other more than ever to get through the house repairs and Lincoln's recovery?" I asked.

"Sigh...No. I just wanted to repent for what I did. Buying that gun seemed like a good deal at the time and I couldn't pass up a good prank." Luan said.

"Listen Luan...We understand what you did was a mistake, but that doesn't mean that we would all turn against you. Besides sisters have to stick together." I said.

"Sisters together." Luan said softly. After that...Mom and Dad joined us and we all traveled to the motel. On the way there, my sisters and I all looked back at Luan who was silent and was just staring at the window with a dejected look on her face.

"Dudes...Luan looks really depressed." Luna said.

"Yeah. I talked to her, but it doesn't seem like it did much." I said.

"That only means that we should keep a closer eye on her. And keep her away from anything that she could use to injure herself." Leni said. All of us nodded before we all turned to look at Luan.

While we all did that, something inside me told me that Luan's depression was going to get worse before it could get better. And unfortunately....

My feeling was right. 

Author Notes:

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋