Chapter 21

3rd Person

Jennie thought that after the gala event she would never meet Lisa again. But hell let lose and it was not in Jennie's favor anymore.

As she arrived early in the morning, she was surprised to see Lisa waiting for her at her office.

"Ms. Manoban what are you doing here?"

"Well, good morning to you too Ms. Kim?" Lisa sarcastically replied

"Lisa..."

"I am here for a business proposal Jennie." Lisa cutted out.

"And why would you think that I am interested?"

"Simple Jen, it is because you need investments."

"And how did you know that I needed investment."

"Sources Jen, I have many of those."

"That is invasion of privacy Lisa. You don't even remember me or were you lying?"

"I am not lying. It's just that after last night I can't stop thinking about you. You intrigue me so much."

"But it does not permit you to overstep the boundaries. You are a businesswoman Ms. Manoban. You should know that."

"Jen?" Jisoo suddenly arrived

"Chu..."

"Is there a problem here?" She looked at Lisa with a piercing gaze.

"Nothing... Lisa was just leaving."

Lisa breathed and said "if that's what you want but please think of my proposition." She pleaded and left.

Jisoo then turned at Jennie.

"What did she want?"

"She offered a proposal to be an investor here but he violated the privacy of the company by undergoing the process without my consent!"

"Jen you know you need the investment though. You have been looking for a prospect investor for so long already. Even though you were able to place the company back to its feet, we still can't deny the fact that it is hard for you especially now that another problem had arise."

Jennie knows what Jisoo was saying was true.

If she really wants to surpass the turmoil that her company was facing she needs to suck it up and get the investors especially that in their current situation it was hard for her to do so.

If Lisa's proposition was the only thing that could get her back in the game then who is she to decline the offer.

She looked at Jisoo "you are right chu!"

"I know right!" Jennie just shook her head and gave off a laugh.

She decided to give Lisa a call afterwards which the latter immediately answered and scheduled an appointment the following day.

'I hope I am not regretting this.' Jennie thought.