Chapter 9

"You'll have to stay with me, I don't know if which room are available or not."

"Alright."

"Anyway, welcome to the headmaster's office. The room is to the right." I said, pushing open the large doors.

The office was a decent size, with a large window overlooking the grounds. The left wall was lined with bookcases filled with books of every sort. A grand desk and chair sat in front of the window, casting a shadow across the room.

"Hopefully, you'll never be in here because you got in trouble. If you do...let's just say it won't be pretty." I warned him.

Eren nodded quickly. I opened the door on the right side of the room. In contrast to the neat and clean office, the bedroom was a mess of papers and magical items everywhere. I snapped my fingers, sending everything back into place.

"Hey, cool trick."

"You'll learn it one day. Now, you stay here, read a book or something, I have some headmistress stuff to deal with."

"Alright."

I closed the door behind me and went to sit at my desk. I examined paperwork, deciding what to focus on first. Soon after Genevieve came in, coming to discuss important things with me. She stood before my desk as I stared at her solemnly.

*****

I peeked into the classroom. Last night, White had barely been in the room, if she was at all. She wasn't there when I went to sleep and she wasn't there when I woke up. But everything I need to start class was there. This was my first magic class ever, and without knowing White was here, I felt a lot more nervous than I ever had.

I walked into the classroom and sat down in the only open seat, the very first seat on the right side of the aisle. The desks, each seating two people, were set up in two rows. On a raised platform in front of my desk, sat the teacher's desk and a large blackboard.

"Did you hear? Apparently the headmistress is back. I heard that the headmistress is hardly ever here. I wonder what she looks like." Someone behind me said.

I turned around. The kid was probably the same age as I was. He had a smug look on his face that just plain pissed me off. But I had to remember White always said, don't do anything stupid. I turned back around and started doodling the symbol I had seen White do a few times before. A little bit of frost formed around it as I doodled it. Then the door opened, signaling the arrival of the teacher.

"I hope none of you have caused any trouble." An all too familiar voice said.

White walked to the front of the room and sat on her desk. She smirked as she looked around.

"Hello cutie!" The kid behind me said.

That did it. As if I didn't already want to punch him in the face, I really wanted to now. No one talked to White like that. I twisted around in my seat and lunged at him, connecting my fist with his face.

*****

Eren pounded on the kid. I let it go on for a moment before stopping their fight. I pulled Eren off by the back of his shirt. He looked up at me then down at the ground, but I knew he wasn't sorry for what he did.

"At least wait until class is over, Eren."

I let go of him and checked his nonexistent injuries. The other kid wasn't so lucky, he was left with a bloody nose. I grabbed the kid by the front of his shirt and pulled him to his feet.

"What's your name, brat?"

"Cain."

"Well, Cain, would you have said that to the headmistress?"

"No! That would have been suicide!"

"Then you should be dead right now. If I ever hear insult me again, you will die. Now clean up your face and sit down. You too, kid."

I walked to my desk and sat on top of it. Cain wiped his nose on his sleeve and sat down. Eren stood for a second and looked around, then at me. I nodded slightly. He sighed and sat down.

"Alright, I have a test for you guys. Don't freak out, it's just to see how much you know." I said, handing out the papers.

I put down Eren's last.

"You had been not fail this. After all, it is everything I've taught you. Fail, and I'll freeze you for a week." I threatened.

"Who do you think I am, White?"

"I'm your headmistress here, speak with a little more formality, kid."

"Hmm....no, I don't think so."

"Geez, you're annoying. Just don't fail the test." I said, walking back to my desk.

*****

White rolled her pencil between her fingers as she looked down at the papers on her desk. She set the pencil down and laced her fingers together, resting her chin on them. White looked up at us and scanned the room.

"It seems all of your magical education is lacking. However, Eren and Cain, get out, today will just be a review for you two. You two are the only ones that passed." White finally said.

Cain and I stood, picking up our stuff. I looked to White and something shot towards me. I caught it and headed for the door. I looked at the key in my hand as I walked towards the door. I was almost to the door when White stood up and began her lesson. The door closed behind us and I started to our room.

"Hey, what's that?" Cain asked, snatching the key out of my hand.

"Give it back!" I growled, trying to grab the key back.

"What does it unlock?"

"None of your business."

"Tell me or you're not getting your key back."

"My room, you idiot."

"This key is too fancy for the student dorms, where ya staying, teacher's pet?"

"Why the hell do you care? And don't call me teacher's pet!"

"I care because I want to know. I want to know how you know so much and why Lady White has taken a liking to a punk like you."

"I'm a punk? Have you ever listened to yourself, you egotistical moron!"

The door suddenly burst open.

"Do you mind!?" White shouted.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"You that way and you that way!"

White pointed Cain left and me right. I grabbed my key back from Cain and went my appointed direction. I looked at the key again and noticed a little note attached to it.

This is a skeleton key, it opens any door. Be careful with it and use it wisely. ~White

I ended up in White's office. I curled up in White's chair with one of my textbooks on mythical creatures.

~~~~~
A/N- Per the usual shiz, we got ourselves a rival up in here! Please pardon my language at this time, I am starting Homestuck again and it messes with my speech patternz. Fyi, I took a quizy quiz to check out my class and aspect and I got KNIGHT OF HEART! This actually kinda worriez me, since knight tend to get their lives totez messed up and peeps on the heart end have some issues too, so.....you see my problem.

And spoilers! So don't read this if you don't wantz to kneuw. Cain and some other chickys that are in the classroom at de time but are not mentioned, become a little importante laterz. And time travel, everybody loves time travel.