·Chapter One·

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES

Rico sat at the small glass table with a pile of crack cocaine on a scale. He did his usual bagging up of the product as the blunt he puffed on hung loosely from his lips. After he finished, Rico used the edge of a credit card to precisely create a line of cocaine for him to snort. He took a pull from the blunt and lowered his head to indulge in the poison that he used as his only income. Feeling the rush almost immediately he took a sip from the bottle of tequila that was nearby.

"God damn, that's some good shit." he expressed while enjoying the sensations of the drugs.

Rico was in the middle of making another line when he was interrupted by the front door. Jazlyn, his girlfriend of 7 years, walked through with a bag of McDonald's food and a cup of sweet iced tea.

"Hey, baby. I picked you up some lunch," she said while holding the items up.

"Jaz! Close the damn door! I got my shit out." Rico yelled.

The mixture of THC, alcohol, and cocaine had Rico's paranoia level on high. This is when he was unable to control his outbursts. Jazlyn walked in with an attitude and sat the food down on the table next to the drug paraphernalia. He put out the blunt and went for the McDonald's bag like a ravenous beast.

She looked at him and rolled her eyes. "How long are you gonna be here? me, Brisha, and Shay was fina head up to Lounge tonight, we're getting ready here." Jazlyn asked as she watched him devour the Big Mac.

Rico stopped chewing and looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "Hell nah. You ain't going nowhere," he stated and took another bite from the burger.

Jazlyn rolled her eyes at him and flipped her bone straight 30-inch weave over her shoulder. She grabbed the bottle of Patron and took a sip. "They're on their way," she said and headed for the stairs with the bottle of alcohol in her hand.

Jaz staying home for the third weekend in a row was not happening. She needed to get out of the house and enjoy herself, being that most nights she was alone. Rico was one of those men who like to call themselves a dope boy. He blamed him being out late at night was him providing for her, but she knew better. The streets were talking but she decided to ignore it because she loved her man. So tonight she needed to take her mind off that and focus on herself.

Rico scarfed down the rest of the food and went for the iced tea just before his phone started vibrating. Retrieving the phone from his pocket he saw the name CHERRY  flash on the screen. What the hell does she want? He thought as he slid his thumb over the green button. Before he could even say hello she was already bitching.

"Where the fuck you at nigga! You told me you would be here two hours ago!" She screamed through the speaker.

"Keisha. Chill the fuck out. I'm on the block right now. I'm coming through as soon as-." Rico started but Keisha wasn't having his lies today. She went in.

"Hell naw nigga! Yo ass aint on no damn block! You at that hoe Jaz house ain't you?! My bitch Tisha told me she saw your truck parked outside of her complex!"

Rico sighed "Aye what the fuck I tell you about questioning me? You not my bitch." He spoke calmly into the phone. "I'll be there in a few minutes," he said and ended the call before she could respond.

Rico had been messing with Keisha, for a while now on and off. He cut it short when Jaz found out about her a few years back and threatened to leave him. But just like a nigga, he kept going back.

Rico put his head down and sighed. "This bitch is gonna make me slap her ass," he said under his breath. He shook his head and began preparing another line of coke. After securing the size he lowered his head and sniffed up the substance. He threw his head back and thoughts off Keisha crossed his mind. Fuck it. I'm about to get me some of that sloppy toppy. He thought as he rubbed the growing monster in his jeans. Before he left he had to make sure Jaz was straight. He didn't need her questioning him about his whereabouts.