·Chapter Thirteen·

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES

It's been two weeks since Kylo invited Jaz to the pool party and finally, the day had arrived. Knowing that it was bound to be hella famous people there Jaz and Shayla strolled through the mall as they searched for the perfect outfit to wear.

"I'm going for something simple. I have my ass out all the fucking time now. I should cover up and show Kylo I have some class." Jaz said as they entered Forever 21.

She wanted to grab a basic bikini and some short jean shorts to pair with. Jaz didn't feel the need to put too much emphasis on her outfit being that this was a pool party and the Dallas summer heat demand that you be practically naked. She grabbed a pair of basic black distressed shorts and a simple red bandeau bikini top and joined Shayla in the jewelry section.

"You think Jordans would be too corny to wear on a date?" Jaz asked as she reached for a pair of huge sunglasses.

"Yo ass such a fucking tomboy." Shayla giggled. "But you think he would care. I mean he does see you in heels every fucking night."

Jaz put the sunglasses on her face and admired herself in the mirror in front of them. "You right, plus my dogs need a break-"

Caught off guard, both Jaz and Shayla turned their attention to the door when they heard Brisha's voice. This was the first time they had seen her since the sneaky shit she pulled at the club. She blocked them both on everything and ultimately cut the two out of her life. Even though there were no hard feelings they still wanted to know why Brisha all of a sudden switched up.

"I should go over there and slap the dog shit out of her two-faced ass." Shayla snarled. "I heard she was talking shit about us all on her Instagram."

Jaz shook her head and decided not to indulge in the drama, but find out what was up instead. She wanted to approach Brisha civilly. After paying for their items the two walked toward the exit. Brisha, who was unaware that they were behind her, browsed through the clothes.

Jaz crept up and tapped on her shoulder. "Hey boo. Where have you been?" Jaz acted as if nothing was going on and it appalled Brisha by the look on her face.

"Hey, y'all. Wassup?" Brisha replied. Her eyes shifted nervously between Jaz and Shayla. She looked like she wanted to get the hell out of there and quick.

"Why haven't you been at work?" Shayla asked. Jaz nudged her cousin when she noticed the attitude in her tone. She didn't want to cause any problems in the store.

"Oh. Uh. I found another job. I work at Apple Bottoms now." Brisha answered immediately. She pulled out her phone and looked at the time. "I really have to get out of here. I'm supposed to be meeting my cousin. Nice seeing y'all," Brisha stammered and began walking away.

Jaz and Shayla looked at each other and shook their heads. "Weird ass hoes," Shayla said as they watched Brisha scurry out of Forever 21. She didn't even bother finishing looking around the store.

Jaz and Shayla stopped at the food court to get a bite to eat before leaving the mall. Noticing Brisha sitting next to Keisha and her minions Shayla wanted to go over there and be petty but decided against it.

"Look. there go ya so-called friend," Jaz pointed out, being messy.

"Tuh. I see why her ass aint been at the club. She too busy following behind Ronald McDonald." Shayla scoffed. "I'm over it. You can't be nice to these hoes nowadays. They all stab you in the back. We didn't need her leaching ass hanging around anyway," Shayla fussed.

She felt some type of way about the situation because she was the one who begged Jaz to give Brisha a shot. Knowing that Jaz said many times that Brisha was a snake she ignored it and let her big heart get in the way because they'd known each other since elementary school.