Scene 4 - The Caves

Dido. Some more people are rushing towards the craft, out in the open. But they are still hundreds and hundreds of yards off. Meanwhile, the thing behind the ship makes it around the other side. The others by the ship seemingly wait around for them to hurry, as Fies begins looking over the ship where he stands with the others.

Fies:

There's no way we can get her up off the ground again.

Blake:

Clen and Theo?

Doctor:

Susan, I'm still your grandfather and...

Susan:

Later, grandfather. Later.

Doctor:

This is the perfect time to talk to you. What are you doing here?

RRRROOOOAAAARRRRRR!!!! Fies falls back as one of the sand beasts, razor sharped teeth with its long, green scaly skin, jumps from the side of the ship. The blind creature grinds its teeth as it crawls towards them, as its mouth begins opening as it roars out.

Blake:

A sand beast!

Fies:

RUN!

They sprint out, charging towards the other side of the massive pit, where the two others stop and watch them rush and letting them catch up. Clen, a sweet, kind yet intelligent and small young woman with her short hair brushing it as her eyes widen realizing what is happening. The other, Theo halts and stares at the others rushing. An arrogant man with his weird and daft humour, a person who only places himself and his own loyalties first, his gun holding in his left hand. The small little pistol that fires energy charges points towards the creature, before Clen pushes his arm away.

Clen:

NO! It doesn't work!

The others catch up, and they too start running fast! The creature still pursues, crawling and slithering across the ground, roaring as it hunts.

Doctor:

Don't stop!

Theo:

Who the hell are you two?

Doctor:

The Doctor and my granddaughter. No time for explanations.

Clen:

Fies, have you got the stuff in the ship?

Fies:

What he said. No time now!

They run, hurrying and hurrying and hurrying. Surviving from this creature, its tongue licking its lips. They are finally reaching the other side of the pit, and the entrance to the other cave I finally in reach! Some other woman pops out, a mentally strong woman with even stronger physic, her long brown hair she brushes aside as she squints to see the others charging towards her – Laos.

Clen:

LAOS, GET READY TO CAVE IT IN!

She instantly knew what Clen meant. A solid, thin block of rock she picks up, and scurries into the door of the cave, ready to bash down the rocks to cave them in. They come. She swings the rock back like a cricket bat. The Doctor, Susan, Fies, Clen, Theo and finally Blake zoom in.

Blake:

NOW! DO IT!

The sand beast jumps! Its mouth widening out to chomp! Loas smacks the rocks! CRASH! Rocks rumble quickly, the entire caves shaking unstably as rocks continue to topple and fall and collapse in. It buries them in! Everything has settled now. And everyone takes a massive sigh of relief.

Laos:

That was a near thing. Fies, have you got... Who are these two? Prisoners? Or Dalek Agents?

Fies:

That's a long story Laos.

Doctor:

We can't stay here. We need to keep moving. I take it in here must be your headquarters so we'll head up there. That thing will bury us out eventually.

Laos:

Excuse me, who put you in charge?

Clen:

He's right Laos. We can't stick around here. Let's head up to our headquarters.

Laos:

(Reluctant) Alright. But for now, you are our prisoners. Move it!

She snatches the gun from Theo and points it towards the Doctor and Susan.

Theo:

Hey!

Doctor:

Come along Susan. I like leading the way. And I think you do too Laos. Still, we're moving. And that's all that counts for the moment.

In no particular order, they head up, gaining descent, and deeper into the caves, as Laos still holds the Doctor and Susan at gunpoint.