Scene 11 - Swarming

The party in the caves wait, hanging around where they were. The atmosphere is getting stuffy, the heat building up fast. They begin to rise, and planning begins.

Fies:

Everyone rested now?

Laos:

We can't stick around here anymore. We need to find Blake and with the technology, we can actually get somewhere.

Susan:

I think you're forgetting the fact that belongs to our people.

Laos:

Well it's not like you can go back and return it, can you?

Doctor:

Susan, that's the least of our problems.

Susan:

No grandfather, I came here to do a job, and I'm going to do it.

Doctor:

You fly into the heart of the Time War you won't stand a chance. The Panopticon Archives are probably a load of dust now.

Harry and James remain seated, refusing to climb back up.

Harry:

More arguments James.

James:

Harry dear, you're mascara is smudging.

Harry feels some vibrations in the walls again.

Harry:

Wait a moment hun! There's something wrong, something in the walls.

James:

Oh it's probably nothing. Here, let me sort out your mess.

Tesh:

Didn't you hear what he just said? There's something in the walls!

Doctor:

What? Something in the walls!

Susan:

The creatures. They must be broking through. Everyone out!

CRASH! Some of the walls crash and collapse as one of the creatures jump out and snatches Harry, dragging him screaming as James desperately attempts to save him by pulling him back.

James:

HARRY! HARRY!

Doctor:

Everyone out!

They hurriedly rush down the passage again, more of the creatures bursting out from the walls, chasing aggressively after them. CRASH! CRASH! James is left trapped, seeing the sand beast eat his friend alive whilst some more of them pounce on him, tearing him limb by limb!

Clen:

So much for standing around resting then!

Laos:

More needless pratter got us killed!

Susan:

Worse than that, eaten!

They reach another passage, one leading around somewhere else in the caves, some other gloomy place. They reach the junction, and light beams out from the path they rush down.

Doctor:

This way!

He and Susan let all the others run down, standing by the side for space. As the Doctor grabs out the sonic screwdriver again, Susan grabs his arm.