Scene 12 - How to re-absorb the Daleks

They've rushed around back to the Ark, the device hiding just by the cave, with the super-speedy Daleks wiz zooming around the planet, hundreds upon hundreds miles per hour. The Doctor begins fiddling with the Genesis Ark.

Doctor:

Come on! Come on! There must be something we can do to get the Daleks back in.

Blake:

Get them back in! We can hardly stop a few of them!

Susan:

Must have been something the Daleks discovered at the beginning of the war. Super-speed.

Doctor:

I should have killed Davros back years ago! Quite an engineering feat super-speed.

Clen:

Wait, how did your people know about the Daleks with super-speed?

Susan:

Somehow. And it was a good thing too that they have been locked in here for good.

Doctor:

Susan, try in the trolley. There might be something that can help.

The others begin scavenging through the Time Lord technology desperately, digging and burrowing through. Once they grab something they would examine it.

Blake:

They'll be here any minute!

Doctor:

Wait, wait! Susan, what was that about how you can absorb in anything as long as...

Susan:

It can be used to lock and sustain any sort of supporting life. Which can be opened or unlocked depending on the superior life form which that commands it.

Doctor:

Brilliant!

CRASH! The five Daleks burst back into the setting, some of the other Daleks floating around turn their heads and observe some of their targets. Quickly, the Doctor places his hand on the Ark and announces, then some zoom towards them like missile launchers.

I hope this works. Genesis Ark, re-absorb the Daleks. Trap them in there forever!

The five Daleks turn their heads in unison incredibly sharply in a bolt followed by the rest of themselves. Their guns fling up as though you thought they hadn't changed, and aimed at the Doctor and the others as they cry...

Daleks:

EXTERMINATE!

ZAP! ZAP! ZAP! ZAP! ZAP! The Daleks had vanished! Transported back into the Genesis Ark. ZAP! ZAP! ZAP! The incoming charging Daleks suddenly vanish in front of their eyes, the whole army of Daleks vanishing and disappearing and fading away into nothingness. Hundreds at a time. Some of the last Daleks swing their heads around incredibly quickly, turning to each other.

Dalek 1:

IDENTIFY CAUSE OF DISRUPTION!

Dalek 2:

IDENTIFY WHERE THEY DEMATERIALISED!

Dalek 3:

IDENTIFY THE CAUSE! IDENTIFY! IDENTIFY!

Dalek 1:

ALERT! TEMPORAL DISTORTION! AM ENTRAPPED! AM ENTRAPPED!

Dalek 2:

EMERGENCY TEMPORAL SHIFT UNAVAILABLE!

Dalek 3:

WE ARE EXTERMINATED! EXTERMINATED!

The final Daleks then cease to appear. They had all been returned inside the Genesis Ark, inside a massive white haze, a blinding white haze to burn out a retina. It closes itself shut slowly, a loud crashing when sealed for good. Now, everything was safe once again.

Doctor:

Everyone alright?

Laos:

Fine, thank you Doctor.

Blake:

All except Tesh. But nobody really cared for her though.

Clen:

That's a horrible thing to say.

Blake:

Nobody did. She never cared for us. So why should we bother with a waste of space?

Doctor:

Alright. Alright. That's enough.

Laos:

Are we safe from the sand beasts now?

Susan:

Expect so. The Daleks either killed them or frightened them away.

Fies:

Wait, hang on, what about the party around on the other side of the planet?

Doctor:

We have no way of knowing. We can only hope the Daleks didn't get to them.

Laos:

Daleks, with super-speed. Incredible. The way they turned around. And flew. And ran. And killed.

Doctor:

That's all a Dalek is. A ruthless insane killing machine. Nothing else it's good for. The extent of their scientific advancements even scares our race. And it's a good thing they're locked up in there. For good.

Susan:

Something wise our race has done, I suppose.

Blake:

And now all the Daleks are trapped in there for good. No means of escape.

Susan:

No.

Blake:

Then why did it open for you and your granddad.

Doctor:

Granddad? Hmm! 800 or so is only just middle-aged. Funny how through time one starts to forget one's age.

Blake:

Well?

Susan:

As Time Lords, we've crossed through the time vortex so many times we collect background radiation which is what opens the Ark. You were only carried through a protective shield by me.

Doctor:

Yes. Rather neat the new TARDISs. Perhaps I may have to install something like that in my own.

Susan:

Ooh, you should what my TARDIS can do.

Doctor:

Yes. Well, first things first. Right now we still have a Dalek fleet that's on its way.

We hear a massive crash rock from the skies, something entering the atmosphere of the planet.

Susan:

Make that has arrived grandfather.

The Dalek saucer spins downwards from the smoky skies and hovering itself above the planet, leaking out Daleks beginning to swarm down and exterminate all over again...