Scene 16 - One day, I shall come back

The Doctor and Susan simply wander along the edge of the pit together slowly and relaxed as they head towards the ship, inside where the two TARDISs are waiting inside the craft.

Doctor:

So, what's next for you now Susan? Back into the Time War?

Susan:

Guess so. Take the tech back to Gallifrey.

Doctor:

And fly back into the war? In this state?

Susan:

Grandfather, I have my instructions too.

Doctor:

I don't have any instructions. It's just me. It's better that way.

They arrive by the ship, and begin proceeding inside.

Susan:

So what's next for you then grandfather, off out into the rest of the universe?

Doctor:

I wish. But people are dying out there in the war. And I can't let that happen. I'm not going to be part of any battle that will slaughter billions.

Susan:

You help. That's all anyone can ask for. Being a Doctor.

The Doctor and Susan return to their ships, the Doctor unlocking his TARDIS whilst Susan's white metal block is re-opened too as she also begins to part her way.

Doctor:

Here she is. My TARDIS. My ship. My home. Where to next old girl?

He begins stroking it, or rather - her. Then, the weary Time Lord turns to Susan, staring at him for a moment.

I don't suppose you'd want a little trip?

Susan:

You know I can't. You can't. I have a duty to Gallifrey too. The sooner the items in my TARDIS are returned the better, for home.

Doctor:

Alright.

Susan:

Until the next time we'll say Grandfather?

Doctor:

Don't forget me though Susan.

Susan:

How could I possibly forget Grandfather?

Doctor:

One day, I shall come back. Yep. I shall come back.

Susan:

Until then.

Doctor:

Good luck, Susan Foreman.

Susan:

Goodbye, Doctor.

She shuts her door as the Doctor watches the white slab dematerialize away with the gush of wind blowing in its wake. He is left-leaning out of his TARDIS, silently and gloomily.

Doctor:

Don't let me down. Don't let me regret it. And above all, don't let yourself fall.

The Time Lord is left to wander miserably in his TARDIS, shutting the wooden door behind. Then moments later, the ship's light begins flashing marvellously as more wind gushes and materializes off into time and space...

End.

(End credits)