Chapter 3

When I woke up for a second I forgot where I was. I looked around noticing Padme still asleep and it all came back to me. Last night when I left for bed Padme was up and started questioning me about whether or not I have a crush on Anakin. Of course I denied it because that's absurd. I mean we're friends and are only 8 and 9 for goodness sake! She then went on to tell me that she thinks Ani likes me! She then thankfully let me go to sleep.

I quietly walked out the room as to not wake Padme and went outside. The twin suns were just rising. It was a beautiful sight for such an awful planet. You can't get sunsets and sunrises on Coruscant because of the buildings. I then felt a calming presence behind me. I turned around and my eyes met Ani's sparkling blue ones. He sat down beside me. Neither of us talked. It was a peaceful silence.

Once everyone else was awake Master Qui Gon announced the plan. Apparently he had been thinking and there's a big podrace coming up, The Boonta Eve Podrace. The prize is enough to buy the part for the ship.

"If Anakin were to enter and win we would have enough credits to buy the part then we'd be on our way." However Shmi was quick to object.

"No, it's too dangerous."

"Come on mom! They need our help! Please?" Ani pleaded with his mother.

"Hmm. Oh, alright. But be careful Ani."

"It's settled then. I'll talk with Watto about the dealings."

After Qui Gon left to go talk with Watto I went outside. I was scared. That podrace is extremely dangerous and I don't want Ani to risk his life for us.

Watto agreed to it. Anakin is taking us to see his podracer.

We arrive and I got to admit it is amazing.

"This is it. Isn't she beautiful?" Ani looked at it proudly.

"It's wonderful Ani." Said Padme. He must've noticed the look on my face because he frowned and brought me somewhere private to talk.

"What's wrong Galadriel? Don't you like it?" He asked with a concerned and vaguely hurt expression.

"It is truly amazing Ani. I love it. But...." I trailed off.

"But what?" He sounded so innocent.

"I don't want you to get hurt Ani. I've heard that many people don't make it out alive when it comes to podracing especially this certain race. I don't want to lose you. You're my best friend." It was now that I started tearing up but I refused to let him see that.

"Galadriel, I promise that I'll be fine. You guys need the part to continue with your mission. I want you to have this." He than gave me a necklace. "It's a bottle of sand from the place where we first met with a piece of carved Japor Ivory wood."

"It's beautiful Ani. I love it. Thank you."

"You ok now?" He asked tentatively.

"Yeah, yeah I think so. Thanks."