Chapter 17

I talked to Padme and she agreed. She said she would go talk to Anakin about it.

After a long argument between the two he finally agreed. And so we are now on our way to the awful planet of Tatooine. Ah the nostalgia. Bullshit. I'd be happy to never see that planet again. And that's only after spending a week on it! I can't imagine how Anakin feels.

We haven't talked since that night and it's been a few days. Of course he has been busy piloting the ship. We took R2-D2 with us in case someone tries contacting us.

"We're here." I turned to see Anakin. For lack of words I just nodded. I really don't want to confront him now.

We made our way to Mos Espa. We soon arrived and Anakin lead the way to 'Watto's Junk Shop'. I spotted the toydarian, ugly as ever, trying to fix some machine. Ani went over to him to help.

"Hey!" Watto shouted, "Wait...youz a Jedi. Look I don't want no trouble."

"Watto. Where is Shmi?" I look of recognition came over him.

"Ani? Little Ani?! It is you! Oh! You know I got some dirty dealings that I could use some help with."

"Shmi Skywalker." Anakin said sternly.

"Oh um. Well you see. Iya sold her." He said guiltily, "Ya know, business. Ay but I hear she got released and is married!" He tried to cover his ass.

"Who did you sell her too?" Anakin glared at the slimy creature.

"I think some Lars I've by Mos Eisley." Anakin's glare deepened. "But I'll go check the records. Hehe..." And so he fluttered off.

Watto soon returned and confirmed that it was to a Cliegg Lars over on the other side of Mos Eisley. We headed back to the ship.

We landed near an evaporator farm when out came a young man and woman.

"You must be Anakin. I'm Owen Lars... I guess I'm your step brother. I knew you'd come someday." He extended his hand but retracted when Anakin made no motion of friendliness. "This is my girlfriend, Beru." We shook hands and introduced ourselves.

"Galadriel, Galadriel Lynn and this is Padme Amidala-"

"Where's my mother?"

"She's not here son... We better bring this inside."