Chapter 16

After we got home. Padme came running up to me.

"Well?!" She asked excitedly.

"What?"

"How'd the date go?"

"It wasn't a date..." Realization hit me, "You! Ugh! I can't believe you!" I laughed. I wasn't mad...just surprised she actually set us up. Maybe Obi Wan is right about politicians...

"So you didn't kiss?" She asks. I instantly give away the secret by blushing. She smirked. "All's I'm saying is you better invite me to the wedding."

"No! It was nothing. There will be no wedding or anything else romantic. We have bigger responsibilities that we can't just throw away because of some silly emotion." Thankfully she left it at that. I went out to the veranda to watch the sunset.

It was beautiful. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Anakin. What is it with us and verandas? He moved in to kiss me, but I pulled away.

"We can't. It was a mistake. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have strung you along."

"Look at me Galadriel. I love you. Please give me a sign. Tell me that you're hurting as much as I am. That you love me too."

"No." I felt my heart break, "I can't. I can't let us do this. You're the Chosen One Ani. I'm taking the trials to become a Jedi Knight soon. We've worked so hard...I'm sorry." I went to leave.

"Then will you at least help me. I keep having these...these nightmares about my mother. They feel so real. She's dying Galadriel. I need to go to Tatooine. Will you stay here and protect the Senator?"

"Yes."

"Thank you." He said it all without looking at me. I went to my room and sat down to think.

My ass. I'm not letting him go to Tatooine by himself. I'm sure Padme would agree with me. If Shmi really is dead or dying. I'm not letting him go through that alone. I lost my mother. I won't let him lose his.