Chapter 4

Today is the day, the day of the Boonta Eve Podrace. We were with Anakin well he was finishing the final touches to his podracer when a dug came up to us.

"Ay little Ani. You're in this race? You think you'll finish this time? Hehe."

"Oh shut it Sebulba. I'll...I'll finish it. In fact I'm going to win it." Retorted Anakin

"Whatever." With that Sebulba stalked away.

"What does he mean "...finish this time" Anakin?" Inquired Qui Gon. Ani turned to face him with a guilty look on his face.

"Oh um, well ya see I've never actually finished a podrace. But this time I will, I'll win it too." He said. Qui Gon sighed but let it pass.

"The race is starting, competitors get to your places, audience members please take a seat!"

"Bye Ani. Good luck." I hugged him and ran off with the others.

When we were all situated it was time for the race to officially start. I'm so nervous, I feel like I'm going to vomit. I can't imagine how Shmi feels. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder I look over and see Shmi, she gives me a small smile.

"I know you're worried, so am I, everything will be fine."

"Thanks Shmi. You're right." We then turn our attention to the arena. The race started.

As the race went on my fear subsided and I was able to enjoy it. That is until that dirty Sebulba decided to cheat. He messed with Ani's podracer. It was falling apart. I could feel my heart racing. Anakin got out of the cockpit and reconnected something. He thankfully regained control. Next thing ya know and Ani crossed the finish line first. It took a second for everyone to realize what happened. The crowd erupted in cheers for the underdog. We raced to congratulate Anakin.

"I did it mom! I told you I could do it!" He shouted.

"Yes you did, I knew you would." You could the sadness in her voice. But he won? Why would she be sad? There must be more to this than they're telling us. I'll make sure to ask later but now is time to celebrate.

After getting out of the vehicle he rushed over to me and Padme. He leaped into Padme's open arms. I then experienced a twinge of pain in my heart.
But it soon went away when he hugged me.

"You did it! It was amazing!" I pulled back to look at him.

"I told you I would be fine." He smirked

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just glad you were right." He laughed and we finally fully parted from each other's grasp. Then Watto and Qui Gon approached us.

"You're free kid. Here's the part where's my money?"

"Right here. Thank you." Watto then hovered off muttering something about Jedi.

"What is he talking about Master Qui Gon? He said I'm free?"

"Exactly that Anakin. You're coming with Obi Wan, Galadriel, and I to start Jedi training."

"What about mom?"

"She had to stay here. I tried to get her free too but Watto wouldn't agree. I'm sorry." I felt so bad that Anakin had to leave his mother, but I was also so excited. I'm going to become a Jedi! And I don't have to leave my best friend!

We returned to Anakin's house so he could pack and say goodbye. I was making sure I didn't forget any of my possessions when I heard Anakin crying. I didn't know if I should go and talk to him or leave. After a few minutes of debating with myself I decided to go in.

"Hey Ani. Are you okay?" I mentally slapped myself for that. Of course he isn't ok. He's leaving his mom and going to a whole other planet that he's never seen before.

ANAKIN'S POV

"Hey Ani. Are you okay?" asked Galadriel. I quickly wiped away my tears because I'd be darned if I let her see me crying.

"You're scared, aren't you?"

"No, I don't get scared."

"You can stop with the act Ani. I know you're hurting. Please tell me." She sat down beside me and took my hand. "You're my best friend. Please."

"You're right, I'm scared Galadriel, I don't want to leave her. But I want to go with you and Padme and become a Jedi."

"Shh," she hugged me close, "it'll be ok. I promise."

"Thanks Galadriel. I think I'm ready to go."

GALADRIEL'S POV

We went out side to say our goodbyes and thanks.

"Goodbye mom. I love you. I'll come back for you, I promise." Cried Anakin. I hated to see him this way, but we've got to go.

"Goodbye baby. I love you too. It'll be ok." Said Shmi and with that we started the trek back to the ship.