Chapter 1

It was freezing cold as walked the busy streets of New York. Being a stylist though I could not compromise style for warmth so I just had thin tights protecting my legs from them cold. I was walking extra fast too be inside as quickly as possible; and knowing me that wasn’t the best idea. I managed to only trip twice, but it was still rather embarrassing.

            Once I get upstairs to the large photo room lined with a white backdrop for today’s simple fashion shoot to highlight the clothes. Today Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin were shooting Gisele for Vogue Paris one of our biggest clients. The shoot went incredibly and I have to say my outfit choices were pretty amazing, seeing they were all designer pieces it was not that hard.

            As I was beginning to put the clothes back the way they had came I got a call from my boss asking to see me. We were not in the same building, seeing I was hired by each of the different companies to style for certain shoots but our offices happened to be right next to this location.

            Within minutes I was sitting across from my boss Mrs. Hyde, but everyone simply called her by her first name, Kate. She began the conversation with “congratulations,” and the weight of doing something wrong was lifted off my shoulders. She continued by saying, “ Nina, you have been asked by a celebrity to permanently join their team as their one and only stylist. That means accompanying them everywhere and not only styling them for set appearances, but also just in general making sure their wardrobe is appropriate.”

            Without any thinking I screamed, “Of course, I’ll do it!”

            “Listen Nina, before you just jump on this let me finish telling you the details of the job. They will be going on tour in two days for seven months, and you will be all over the world and won’t be able to go home more than once.”

I did pause for a second remembering the fact that I live with my sister which would mean she would be by herself all that time, but quickly realized how happy she would be for me.

            So I replied this time much calmer and more professional, “ I understand that it is a huge commitment and my work reflects yours, but I have been waiting my whole life for this. My sister is my only concern, but I know she would be happy for me and would love to visit me while I’m traveling the world.”

            “Alright that sounds like a somewhat more thought about answer. Nina, I truly think you will be amazing at this. Everything is completely ready and they are ready for you so just take tomorrow off pack, say goodbye and anything else you need to do. They will be here in New York on Thursday to meet you and you will leave for Europe on Friday!” Kate said.

            “Wow! That’s a lot but I am so excited already. Who is the celebrity?”

            “That is for me to know and you to wonder!” she quickly responded. Her face had a grin from ear to ear plastered on it. “All I will say is you will be very excited!”

            After pestering her for a while about who it was I thanked her several times and headed home. The whole way home I was in my own world thinking that I am about to spend half a year with some girl who is super famous that I have never met. Once I get up to the small loft my sister Sophia and I share in Manhattan. All though we both have decent jobs the apartment is very small seeing New York is so expensive. Still going over everything in my head I start packing everything into my suitcase, not really noticing or paying attention to what I’m doing just thinking to myself.  The only thing that brings my back to reality is Sophia’s voice.

            “Hello,” She yells through the loft, obviously noticing I was home early.

Running to her I sheer excitement almost to fast to under stand I start yelling guess what. I tell her all about the job and her coming to visit and she is just as excited for me as I thought she would be.